Vegetable Glycerine? Yay or nay?

(Shahrom Hawley) #1

This stuff is quite sweet, but most people say it raises blood sugar and stops ketosis. Dr. Sten Ekberg, however, claims it is good for keto diets. He says it does NOT create an insulin spike, and the glycemic index for this stuff is a low, low 3, so I don’t understand why most people try to avoid it.

(Ben ) #2

Vegetable glycerin is made by heating triglyceride-rich vegetables fats such as palm, soy and coconut oils - under pressure or together with a strong alkali, such as LYE. I don’t need sugar that much.

(Shahrom Hawley) #3

Dirty Keto is good enough for me. I fast and I use things like wild chapparal, desert hollygrape and n-acetyl-cystine to keep my liver in good shape.
Not that I don’t take long breaks from dirty keto and try to eat healthy. Just want to confirm Dr. Ekburg’s findings…

(Windmill Tilter) #4

I use vegetable glycerin when I’m making my aftershave. It does taste sweet in a weird bitter/chemically way. It probably won’t kill you or prevent ketosis.

Just as an aside, your bodyfat is already filled with all the residual toxins you’ve eaten over the years. When you burn bodyfat for fuel during weight loss, those toxins and hormones are released and your body has to deal with them. The real question is, how shitty do you want feel?

My advice would be to eat real food.

(Jane) #5

I’ve never heard of it. How it is used or consumed?