Vacation weight gain

Just went on a week vacation to South Beach. I ate everything I could find. I’m talking about key lime pie, pralines, cake of all flavors, etc. When I got home, i had gained 7lbs… however, within 2 days of being back on keto/fasting my body just snapped back, and lost the 7 lbs. My question is, has anyone else experience this?

-5 months on keto
-lost 40lbs
-dramatically improved my allergies, acne, and sleep

(Bob M) #2

Usually, it takes me a few weeks to a month to lose the weight I gain on vacation. And that’s with multiple-day fasts. Low carb/keto 5+ years.

(Frank) #3

This is my pattern almost exactly when I go on vacation.

Wow I guess it’s different for some people? I’m new to keto, so I was curious.

(Ken) #5

Sure, it’s normal. All you did was recompensate your glycogen. It’s only when you chronically overcompensate glycogen that you gain fat. The weight was water associated with glycogen creation.

When you follow a fat based nutritional pattern it’s pretty tough to regain fat. I haven’t regained any in almost two decades. That’s why you can occasionally eat carbs with no worries, it takes a chronic pattern.

(Frank) #6

Let’s call this hump “Seattle “.

Haha. Which places did you check out when you were over this way?

(Mel Simpson) #8

I gained 4 and lost it within a 3 day span
On vacation again for 9 days and I’m expecting a bigger gain this time even though a shorter trip. Going to start IF and fat fast tonight…uggh