USDA and HHS Announce First 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee Meeting (March 28th - 29th, 2019)

resources

(Troy) #1

Registration is Open for the first PUBLIC meeting of the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee to be held on March 28 and 29, 2019.

Participation is available in person or via webinar, the PUBLIC can register at through March 26, 2019 at 5:00pm EDT.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) look forward to PUBLIC participation in the process.

A public comment period opened on March 12 and will remain open throughout the Committee’s deliberations, ensuring the public can provide comments to the Committee.

LINKS provided in the article to register :slightly_smiling_face:

Enjoy

The 20 Committee Members

http://www.dietaryguidelines.gov/work-under-way/review-science/about-advisory-committee/2020-committee-members

(Carl Keller) #2

I randomly googled three of the members and two were linked to pro-vegan articles…

(Dawn O Miller) #3

I’ve googled a few myself and quite honestly I don’t have any hope for this committee, looks like they will carry over the same guidelines or really push for plant-based diet.

One committee member is from Loma Linda University which is pro-vegan, one is a weight-loss surgeon (I can’t understand how this person got on this committee?), one accepts money from the Grains Food Foundation, two work for Harvard (an institution that I have very little faith in, and Walter Willet is from there and is very pro plant-based), two are professor at their epidemiology department (which is never a good sign, since these are the type of scientists who believe correlation is as good as causation).

It just looks like a done deal…

(Randy) #4

As much as I hope the nutrition coalition can make a difference, Deep down I have no faith that this can be fixed. The corruption is so deep.

(Cristian Lopez) #5

I’m really tempted to register and throw some comments, not for the sake of turning the US dietary guidelines keto XD, rather fix the certain aspects of the guidelines we all know are bs.

Anyone?

This.

Another illusion to make you believe they care and that things are changeable, they dont and they arent. Ur better off educating ur friends and family of how healthy keto is and showing ur results and science to them.

(Marius the butter craving dude) #7

I do not quite know much about the different guv institutions in the Us who manage health and nutrition topics.
Yet I am wondering, and this is a question, what legal force dose a statement on nutrition by this body have ? Why should the guv even have opinions on this topic ?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #8

Money. Money, money, money, money, money.

(Troy) #9

The nutrition coalitions take and article on this group below

And yet, we should not be surprised — sadly
Follow the money

(David Cooke) #10

For some time now I have been asking myself how the world would feed itself if it went 100% keto. Even now it isn’t the cheapest option if you ignore the cost of medication and care, which of course isn’t a problem that occupies the minds of people concerned with “feeding the masses”.