Unexpected urgent weekend working and I didn't Wanna Cry (ha! See what I did there?)

(David) #1

With the WanaCry outbreak at the weekend we were affected at work and I had to come into the office and work. On Saturday I grabbed my thermal mug with some Kerrygold and Coconut oil and stopped at Greggs on the way for an Americano, and my tub of nuts and headed in. 11 hours later I was home feeling satiated and pumped up.

On Sunday I headed in again, had a rib eye fried in butter about 4pm with some blue Stilton melted on it for tea, and again took nuts and my thermal mug prepped to make a BPC later on. I worked from 6pm Sunday evening until 12:30 noon on Monday afternoon surviving on BPC and nuts. At no point did I take a lunch break or a nap (my sugar-burning colleague went home at 4am for a nap, and he only arrived just before 9. Granted he had been out all weekend in the hills of Scotland, but I still had loads more energy than him and I’m ten years older than him)

Part of my energy and motivation was the situation that was going on, but there is no doubt to me that my diet enabled it for me.

I slept most of the afternoon on Monday and had a rib eye about 8pm, and I am WELL chuffed that I wasn’t hungry at all during the time I was working. The food vending machines don’t even figure on my awareness.

(Griffin Mekelburg) #2

What great anecdotal evidence! Isnt it a great feeling when you are truly adapted and just blow by people who are crawling by on carbs? lmao keep up the great work!!

(Jennifer) #3

I guess your patching schedule was a bit behind? Were you just rebuilding PCs or paying the ransom?

(David) #4

Yes, we weren’t allowed maintenance windows. We will be getting them now :wink:

We ran the Kaspersky tool, patched the machines, installed SP 3 if required and restore the missing files from tape backup.

(Jill Bowman) #5

Good idea with the thermos. I wish I’d been Keto when my dad was in the hospital. Ugh - I lived for weeks on hospital cafeteria food and vending machine snacks.