Uncooked

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #41

I do. These are the sorts of foods that made us sick in the first place, so I don’t trust them. Although fresh fruit still has the fibre in it, so if we eat some, at least the fibre slows down the absorption of the fructose enough that we are not likely to get fatty liver disease. But dried fruit has no fibre and lots of fructose, so it can really hit the liver hard, if we eat too much.

So even a couple of prunes soaked in water or a slice of grapefruit or orange on a not so regular basis is bad and will contribute to fatty liver disease? Just to clarify. Thank you

A TON OF LIFE contributes to fatty liver disease. just look up that on the internet on major causes and a LIST of everything comes up kinda :slight_smile:

if one does well on a few prunes and a bit of orange and has a ‘great keto plan’ menu in tact and is thriving, nah, eating this bit if it works so well for your personal eating plan will not be some type of ‘gonna give ya fatty liver disease’ ever that I can put against it.

but we are ALL so different ya know. Who knows who is gonna get what and when they get it. We all lived so diff. before our changes and have so many diff. medical issues that to make a blanket statement is very hard with these kinds of questions.

I dropped all fruit cause it did not suit me but many thrive on a little they do well on and it makes a complete ‘eating lifestyle good’ change for them and they get great benefits from what suits them to eat. So do you. We can’t ‘eat to combat’ every ‘will we get xyz disease’ or ‘this or that’ in the future…but we can eat to improve health NOW for the day we are living and hopefully, maybe, ward off things that mighta been looming to come get us medically sooner and now it will be alot later :slight_smile:

just chatting it out, enjoying the conversation.

It depends on the person. And what you consider small.
My body can handle tiny amounts of edible things, all of them.
I am aware that super sugary things aren’t good for me but free radicals aren’t good for me and I still keep exercising :smiley: My body can handle them. The question is if I really gain enough to make it worth it. Exercise? Sure. Eating honey? No, I live just fine without honey. I probably will taste it here and there, once a year or something when I feel it’s worth it (comb honey! borderline inedibly sweet but fun…) but otherwise… No thanks.

My SO eats a huge amount of raisins every year (a little for almost every meal so nothing like me when I bought 500g dried dates a few years into low-carb and compulsively ate it all in a short time like an hour or two, I don’t remember). It clearly works for him. But I won’t do the same as my body clearly prefers very low-carb and it’s strictest if it’s about sugar especially when a big part of the food(?) is sugar. I don’t even enjoy such things except fruits (if they are too sweet, I can use tiny amounts or drown them in unsweetened chocolate… nothing can come between me and my fruits despite their unhealthiness. but I don’t overdo it. usually. I got better at it).

Huh we went quite far from uncooked meat but fortunately it wasn’t me who started it :smiley: I tend to arrive to fruits from any and all food related topics.

Where would the fiber go? Of course it has fiber… Hasn’t it? It totally feels it has everything but the water it lost.
Filtered fruit juice has no fiber.

It only has lots of fructose if it’s much. A tiny amount has barely any sugar. It’s another matter that it may be easy to eat a ton of it but it’s true for normal fruit as well. Eating 1 kg fruit is one sitting is no big feat and with modern sugary fruits, it’s way too much fructose (and sugar in general).
Fruit juice may be way easier to consume galore but dried fruit is the opposite. Probably. Obviously it depends on the person.
But if we consume a very little sugar from our fruit, whatever kind it is, I consider that fine and dandy - for my body, at least but probably most people handle it well. Others should do what they feel and think right. It’s not even POSSIBLE for me not to eat fruit half of the year (let’s consider the weeks only, even I don’t eat fruit 182+ days per year since my first carnivore trial. It was probably 350+ before and I could fast whole days back then and I needed focus and lots of raw vegs to skip them for a day)… Good thing I can handle it.

Excellent advice. Thank you for that

Then an apple a day DOES NOT keep the DR away!

LOL where does that apple fall on the GI Index as being a low carb fruit
:100::clown_face::rofl:

best info sometimes is just know the carb amts in the fruit you are eating if ya want some, or be sure it doesn’t trigger ya in some way and you feel fine on it. I know many Keto Plan people love berries and do well in their plan but they won’t touch other fruits…but key being who are you and how does one do on whatever fruit :slight_smile:

I think that is a massive big walk for all of us. what foods in all groups work for us or against us. so individual tho ya know :sunny: We do for us and our findings and results and feelings on what we eat can set our ‘eating plan’ into effect to always work for us best. Sometimes we also must tune out what others eat :slight_smile: I know I had to do just that. I think WHY can’t I eat that, I wanna eat that LOL but hey in the end we find our best way we do have a good moving forward long term path to follow.

Indeed. Some sayings are odd and very wrong… I get what they want to say but nope, a bunch of sugar (a modern apple has very, very much) definitely doesn’t do good to me. Maybe if I enjoy the apple, it helps with my mental health (as soon as I don’t get sugar poisoning because I eat a fatty sausage after the apple… still, a whole one even if small? a bit excessive. but I can handle it after very low-carb times)…
An apple a day isn’t something my body would like, that’s certain. I stopped eating apples regularly ages ago anyway. For some reason, it was worth it way less than almost all the others and felt worse. I couldn’t even eat it in proper amounts (like, 10-20g. not like it’s worth it often but one gets curious sometimes). Now I can.
Other people are more sensitive to sugar/fructose than me while others are less so but many of us surely consider daily apples a very misguided idea.

Apples may be useful though especially the big hard ones (I have a Granny Smith tree), they can chase away a doctor if your aim is good! But you better have good genes and big luck so you can be sure you probably won’t need them ever :slight_smile:

It’s a stereotype keto thing… They aren’t even real berries… I ate a real berry, banana :smiley:
Never liked stereotypes. I chose the fruit I enjoyed most when I spent my 1-2g carbs on it (maybe 3g but that was tricky with my 40g net carb allowance where 25g went for a less than minimal amount for vegs, oh I had it so hard, why I felt it’s not a big deal, most of the time…?).

So it’s all about the joy and the carbs in my comfy portion. Apples and melons were out. Basically all other fruits stayed in especially raspberries and bananas, my two main keto fruits (now I have lemon as my potential fruit, I always loved that too). And dried dates got a lifelong ban… (I wouldn’t eat them up anymore but they are pointless.)

By the way, it’s grape season. I have the best grapes according to my tastes. Good for training my barely existent self restraint (though I would like to keep it so. I want NOT wanting it most of the time and it goes pretty well. more so if I have enough lovely meat. I can do proper carnivore for a while when I enjoy my meat and I have it galore).

At least I talked about meat in the end. I just can’t talk much about raw meat as that is in my distant past with Japanese restaurants… I only may have some dried meat raw and that’s it. And I am fine with that, I love my roasted and fried pork and turkey. Some pickled fish without sweetener (and if I can be greedy, sugar) would be lovely though…

But my pork in the fridge would be lovely too now, I start to get hungry. Only 1 hour until lunchtime, yay!
I wouldn’t swap that pork shoulder roast for anything now, not even the fanciest fruit (I watch a lot of fruit videos now, it’s amazing how many different ones exist in the world! like super tasty blackberries, grapes and prunes were mentioned and tons of flavor in a single berry… that isn’t a real berry). And I actually love fruits and try to collect as many in my garden as I can - as long as I like the fruit (very weak condition, I love almost all) and it’s not too much work and/or too big yield (kiwi is out). My SO can eat them up all alone so nothing can stop me.

HAHA you proved my point, ya don’t like berries but can handle a small 1/2 of a 'nanner then it suits you :slight_smile:

really not sterotype in a way tho…darn near every single post on Keto Plan I read people eating berries. Many work off the low GI index when inclulding some fruit tho. :flushed::ok_hand: :exploding_head:

not many are suckin’ down a banana, lol, maybe only you do I read eating using the other heavier fruits on this site kinda? not seeing much else in fruit being mentioned or on other sites…hey ya love a nanner than a nanner you have :partying_face::partying_face:

I know just what youre talking about…food envy. But in the end we have to do whats best for us

Of course, I love berries, real and not real alike. There are only a very few fruits I don’t like. Like avocado or fig.
I won’t proceed and list all the berries in my garden (4 different colored raspberries :)) but I have many and I love them all (except blackberries, they try to stab me to death every time I touch them. it’s good I am a big human but they put up a very, very good fight. that’s my least fav berry anyway. still good).

My banana handling… I will check it one day. I know I could eat 5-6 before keto (I was hungry, it lasted for a whole hour! was worth it, my pre-keto hunger was quite demanding on that day) and I lost that ability, actually. I won’t go beyond one big one anymore (without expecting complaints from my body. 1 banana is nothing, a few seconds).
No, I ate frozen banana. 10g was PLENTY with melted (and quickly solidified) chocolate.

Maybe stereotype wasn’t the right word. I meant that “keto fruit=berry” is a very common, general thing so people just follow that, not thinking for themselves or just being happy with it, it’s not a problem or judge, why would I do that. I never understood why would I eat only berries or only low-carb vegs. It made zero sense to me. It was the same as the “lower calorie density is better for fat-loss” insanity among dieters. I ate all the fruits and vegs I wanted if it was worth it. A tiny higher-carb stuff easily can be way more satisfying or flavorful than a ton of low-carb stuff (with a way higher carb intake in the process but we just can’t eat little from certain things. my very minimal amount of cauliflower was 1000g. it’s not a very low-carb item but I always disliked most green leaves and other low-carb vegs were eaten raw and in small amounts so I don’t have a better example. but carrot, onion, garlic or green peas? a tiny amount is enough as they are so rich! and they didn’t trigger eating much of them).

Raspberries are perfect as they are super flavorful and very low-carb. So I followed the masses there :smiley: But bananas were very good to keep my fruit carbs low too.

Vegs only worked well raw as I always ate them in big amounts otherwise. Fruit was where I only needed a tiny bit and I was just fine.

And now I don’t need either, it’s so good for zillion reasons. It doesn’t keep me from enjoying them and I don’t talk about eating only as I do little of that and it’s just a few seconds anyway (not like the memory can’t warm me for long but still, I want more joy from my fruits).

And I never met people eating banana on keto either, just me. IDK why, it’s one of the best options, it’s so very flavorful that a tiny goes a long way… Oh well.
There was a watermelon thread and that’s totally crazy to me as people eat that GALORE. Someone buys a 8-10kg one and the family eats it in 2-3 days as it doesn’t last longer… Yeah, even we have half ones and maybe slices at some shops but normally it’s a whole one and they are big. Anyway, how someone can stop before 1000g I can’t imagine. I tried it this year, stopped but then I had to give up and finish my 1kg. In the past I did this 3 times a day. On my few melon days, it’s not like I did that insanity all summer, I never was THAT high-carb due my inability to have carbs as my main energy source. It always was fat. Once I went and ate a TON of bread with honey and fat still was my main macro, it just went below 50%. Only 45%, it was scary :flushed:

A tiny melon is just not satisfying. But it’s sugary water anyway, bad idea.

I don’t really eat banana anymore, it’s in the past. It’s lovely but… Not important. I prefer sour fruits anyway, banana is more like flavoring, I put it into my no dairy ice cream. Then carnivore came and I lost interest in ice cream, it’s mildly disturbing. I can make nice carni ice cream. I just never want it. In the best case I eat it when I am bored of my food, still not for joy just out of hunger and desperation. Rarely as it takes effort so I only make it when I have leftover yolks but I do my best to avoid that.

I really go and eat instead of writing about fruit already…

A real hedonist train themselves to enjoy what is best for them.
Heaven forbid I ever have a woe that is inferior to another one taste wise. I was lucky, little training was needed for it but I have a hypothesis that I would enjoy any good woe for me eventually. Except low-fat but that wouldn’t be good for me…

But if someone still have problems, yep, priorities. Health is the most important thing, of course we never should harm it for some fleeting silly joys. Joys from food is highly important for me, mental health and core personality and whatnot but as long as our good food is nice enough, it should be fine.
I have my weaknesses but I still can’t understand when people cling to things anyone should be able to live without and they rather torture and kill themselves slowly for such urges. I understand not everyone can go cold turkey and stuff but some people don’t even seem to try to make big steps. Why to focus on what one “lost”? What we have is the important even if we only look at the eating joy but we always should look at the big picture if our choices harm us.
I am very sure I would sacrifice very, very much for health. And enjoy the hell out of what I can keep.