Uk food disaster advice - starve yourselves

(ianrobo) #1

This has just come out and it is unbelievable as some stuff can agree with but says people should just be on 1600 Cals a day WTF is that ? Starvation ???

https://twitter.com/allpartycycling/status/970945367972990976?s=21

(bulkbiker) #2

Ah yes the great Dr Alison Tedstone from the PHE… condescending and ill informed all in one delightful package…

(ianrobo) #3

How can any doctor say eating just 1600 Cals a day any way sustainable ?

(bulkbiker) #4

I think Ancel Keys did… he called it the Minnesota Starvation Experiment and look what happened to him!.. perhaps someone should remind Dr Tedstone…

(ianrobo) #5

However he confirmed what happens as well and not positive

(John) #6

At just 100 calories fewer people went fairly mad, as I recall someone even cut his hand off.

(bulkbiker) #7

Looks like the UK is in for some fun them!

(ianrobo) #8

I just can not believe a public body would advise this nonsense, there is no evidence starvation diets can work anywhere near long term, this makes me very angry but what the heck can we do ?

(Hannah Fox) #9

The plan to try and reduce sugar looks good on the surface but you never know what they’ll end up replace it with to try and keep the taste - possibly something worse? But yes, I heard about the new targets on the radio this morning and shouted out-loud (whoops) that “Calories are not the problem! - try cutting your carbs.”

(Ronald Weaver) #10

Just ignore it ! And tell everyone you know to do the same.

(bulkbiker) #11

But when has the British public ever done what they have been told to?
Except maybe in case of war…

(Sybella) #12

Exactly right! …The thought “Do one” comes to mind when i’m forced to see her.

(Adam Kirby) #13

According to the Minnesota Starvation Experiment that’s exactly what it was!!

(Sybella) #14

Don’t get mad Ian, get even…We must lead by example and show them we are not unintelligent beings…we know whats going on… Demand to always see the science and evidence for what they say. The pressure is coming from the bottom up and eventually we will see change.

(ianrobo) #15

Andvon whatever social media platform you are try and influence people etc

(Alan Williamson) #16

When I do something like that, I’m hungry all the time. My brain is just thinking about when I can cheat. LOL!

(ianrobo) #17

some fascinating debates on Twitter regarding this advice …