UK Celebs go Carb Free for TV

Thanks for the reminder. I got a tad cross last week though!
I have seen the Hairy Bikers one - it was all about cutting fat if I remember although maybe carbs too. They made quite a nice lasagne with leek sheets instead of pasta.

(David) #43

Yeah, I think that was the same one I saw.

Did you hear the advice the Prof and his nutritionist colleague were giving? Grrrr. They were in a University FFS. They of all people should have their ear to the grapevine knowing about studies, and things happening in different ways of eating.

I forget. It was on a few years ago I think?

(David) #45

The one I saw was last Friday. Although judging by the date on the YouTube video link above, that could well fit in.

yeah originally on BBC 2 I think?

(ianrobo) #47

thread calling @Daisy only an hour to go before ranting ha ha

lol. OK I will watch in real time with you guys.

(ianrobo) #49

ha ha rant mode ready if I get off this callout from work !

(ianrobo) #50

they do seem to be going through withdrawal symptoms or is it the Keto Flu I do wonder ?

(ianrobo) #51

whoooo

animal fats great source of energy and nutrient dense, now full fat milk !

well same thing no? I hate “keto flu” and prefer carb withdrawal anyway.

There’s no doubt they have cut carbs a lot and improved their diet BUT the level of carbs will simply continue the cravings

(ianrobo) #53

basically the same for sure, tired, and typical symptoms but now porridge so that would take way over 50g of carb ? but note the use of fat, natural fat …

Stunning porridge, why ?? it bloody has fat in it !

yep

they have a lot of things right and, for some of them, this diet would be fine. The big girls in particular would be so much better on full keto though. I want to write to them!

(ianrobo) #55

what we have to remember is that this is showing positive side of fat vs sugar … I presume at the end they all feel better etc …

(ianrobo) #56

Natural fat is their friend ??

Note this is saturated fat of course … and now just said about sat fat soluble for nutrients …

Yes. The overall message is good. The two girls really break my heart though as they are so badly impacted by what they eat. It showed at the start that they don’t eat much.

(ianrobo) #58

I missed the start so did they do a food diary and were honest about it ?

did they get weighed ?

(ianrobo) #59

now the girls thinking they are getting fatter ??

(ianrobo) #60

now showing the truth of what we know !

they were weighed. I don’t know how they knew about what they had eaten but they all had to stand behind a pile of food - different piles around a barn - and then were told who’s was who’s. I guess they did a diary, don’t know. I doubt they lied though, they were pretty up front about what they had been eating.