UK Celebs go Carb Free for TV

(ianrobo) #21

just listened to him on J Moore’s LLC well worth a listen

I hope not. I am not sure actually as they are doing well so far.

I am loving the fact that the biggest girls are eating the least. This is a great way to show that it is all about what that food is that you are eating. They both assumed that their food piles (they had stacks laid out in a barn that they had to stand next to) would be the biggest. Really helpful. I have great hoped for this prog.

Yes, I agree. They only have them for 2 weeks. However, this IS long enough to get past carb withdrawal and start feeling the benefits. If they can carry on that momentum on their own for just another few weeks they will be getting close if not there. THis is just the king of prog we need. But I haven’t watched it all yet!

Uh oh. Sweet potato! Can’t go all the way then. Still having sugar for breakfast although lower than it was.

(ianrobo) #23

I am sure they will see the benefits but of course this is about sugar and so far a real bad rep for it, Sugar is a battle whether Paleo, Keto, simple LCHF we all should combine and win …

(ianrobo) #24

@Daisy did you see the C4 programme last week i mentioned on here, food unwrapped now that was good !

Bugger. No. I will look and see if I can catch it. I get annoyed with it so don’t watch regularly. What was it about?

(ianrobo) #26

that fat is good …

as you can see speaking to myself ha ha

Oh FFS. They are milling their own flour from whole grains. Why the fuck would you bother? Just don’t eat it at all. High hopes ripped into tatters.

(ianrobo) #28

whats really funny is that said no refined carbs, bloody flour is that !

(David) #29

Ooh, the nutritionist mentioned Carb withdrawal symptoms. But, nothing how to overcome them.

I was just about to say that. When I read the review and it said they were being stricter this year - no refined carbs and fruit - I just assumed no grains and the like. So sad.

What they are recommending is a great woe for the general population and if everyone adopted it, the world would be a healthier place. However, all the celebs on the prog have issues of some kind inc T2D so they would get such great benefit from keto. It makes me weep, seriously.

(ianrobo) #31

and Peter D being ill no explanation of why, frankly he looked a sick person anyway and no wonder eating the rubbish he did

OH FFS. How can chick pea and lentil sauce be sugar free. I am starting to RAGE now.

Widdicombe says “The food is disgusting”. How much better would keto have been? Why make yukky high carb wanna be meals when you can have the good stuff? If they were feeding them keto they would still be bitching with sugar withdrawal but at least they would be enjoying the food. I despair, I really do.

(David) #33

16,000 teaspoons of sugar per year. 65 Years old, and a days hard work outside, planting courgettes.

Hmmm, wonder why he took a funny turn?

(David) #34

Could you imagine going into that room with a room full of whinging celebs with a tray of bacon, saying “get stuck in!”

Hahaha. They would bite your hands off! They keep saying they are withdrawing from refined carbs - er. no, they are still eating them effectively. Oh and now we are onto porridge. I give up! So we’ll just release the energy more slowly then! Although porridge sends my BG through the roof.

“The porridge should fuel them through the day”

Er… would that be after the sugar rush and crash?

At least they are cooking a hog roast now! With pitta bread and couscous. Aaaargh. I am gonna kill someone!

VERY disappointed overall.

(David) #36

I wonder what the macros of my hands are. I have a much higher fat content around my belly.

(David) #37

This still makes me chuckle

Yeah, they are fab. Apparently they have been in constant demand since.

I am just reading this now. What a load of codswallop. How can they say it was bad advice for a diabetic when he reversed it? Surely not being a T2D anymore is the best possible outcome. It absolutely flabbergasts me.

“Uniquely, dietitians use the most up-to-date public health and scientific research on food, health and disease, which they translate into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.”

What a fucking joke.

(ianrobo) #40

It is @Daisy but if they accept what we know it means their whole doctrine of 40 years is wrong and no profession admits that. Hence it has to be led by govts not from nutrionists etc and the likes of this doctor and Malhorta know an inter profession war will fail !