Typical menu

(Laurie) #21

Interesting that people are eating the same thing every day. That appeals to me (all my clothes are black, less confusing that way). But somewhere I got the idea that we should eat different things each day.

Anyway, I try to eat simply (little or no prep/cooking). I aim for 80 grams of protein a day.

These days I’m doing two meals a day. The first is usually a large portion of whatever (e.g., 8 oz ground beef, or 3 eggs and half a can of salmon). The second meal is a smaller portion (e.g., 4 oz ground beef, or half a can of salmon), plus a protein powder drink.

Typical meals (larger or smaller depending on whether it’s meal 1 or meal 2) include:

Ground beef with mayo and hot sauce
Ground pork with mayo and hot sauce
Eggs with canned salmon, and some kind of fat
Eggs, fat of some kind, salsa
Canned salmon, mayo
Canned mackerel, mayo
Canned mackerel-black soybean stew
Salmon patty
Cheese (yes, I consider 2.5 oz of cheese a full meal)
Protein powder
Cooked sausage
Processed meat, e.g., pepperoni (occasionally)

For a “fussy” meal I’ll have konjac (shirataki) noodles (0 net carbs) with tomato sauce, meat, and cheese.
If I eat out, it’s usually a burger patty with bacon, lettuce, & tomato.
I don’t eat many vegetables, but I do take powdered greens most days–mainly because they were expensive and I’m trying to use them up.

Coffee in the mornings, usually with cream or coconut oil or butter.

If I feel hungry at night I’ll have either a snack (almonds or cream cheese) or something from the regular meal menu.

PS. I love bacon, but I ran out. I use the precooked precrumbled kind.

Quick easy meals

Thank you everyone for the help…you all are so nice :grinning:

(Lonnie Hedley) #23

I think this is more related to stalls. I’m in maintenance, so I’m fine eating basically the same thing every day.

(Bob M) #24

I eat differently a lot, not every day but every week. This week, my lunches are ham, 4-5 eggs, 2-3 slices cheese, olives. Dinner has been different each day so far. Monday was an instant pot keto meatloaf with gravy recipe, last night was taco meat, tonight will be kahlua pork (Nom Nom Paleo recipe, another instant pot). We’ll have leftovers one night. My wife does not like to eat the same thing, so having 2 of the same dinners in one week is a lot for her. Last week, my lunches were beef liver, ground beef, shrimp. Next week, my lunches might be beef heart plus other meat, depending on what’s in the freezer.