Quick easy meals

(Kellie) #1

Hey everyone , Iv been on keto since April and lost 35 pounds but I would like to lose some more. I typically eat the same thing every day- no it doesn’t get boring- I find it easy and cheap. I eat eggs with cheese and avacado in the morning , one pork chop for lunch and then eggs with just cheese in the afternoon. I don’t eat from 3pm until 6:30 am the next day . I’m almost to my goal - 8 pounds away but my body has caught onto this egg and pork chop deal . Anyone have some quick and cheaper meals / foods I could eat to switch it up.

(Allie) #2

Steak with butter melted on top. It’s my go to quick meal and how I discovered keto was actually a thing :joy:

(Adriana) #3

Ground meat patties are my go to meal when I want something quick and easy, I buy 80/20 ground meat and in my country it’s cheaper than other types of ground beef; another easy and cheap meal is tuna salad with mayo and hard boiled egg.

(John) #4

Quick chicken/tuna/salmon salad:

Can of tuna, salmon (boneless skinless kind), or chicken (I prefer to chop up chicken I cook)
1 hard boiled egg
1/4 to 1/2 cup finely diced celery, onion, or green/red pepper (or combos of those)
Avocado oil mayo (or other healthy full-fat mayo)

Put the meat in a bowl, crumbled up or flaked with a fork
Cut the egg in half and pop out the yolk, crumble it up on top of the meat
Chop up the whites in small chunks and into the bowl
Dice your veggie of choice and into the bowl. I find about 1 average trimmed celery stalk works.
Mix up the ingredients a little with a fork or spoon before adding the mayo.
Add in your mayo and stir until blended. Amount based on how much you need to coat the mixture and how creamy you want it.

Doesn’t take that long to prep. I usually prepare hard-boiled (steamed actually) eggs in batches of 5 or 6 in advance, and I always make sure to have 4 to 6 cans of tuna and salmon on the shelf.

The veggies are optional, but I like the added volume and a little crunch, plus I like to get in a cup of low-carb veggies per day in addition to salad greens, so that makes it easy.

That plus a small leafy green salad makes a perfect lunch.

(Susan) #5

Do you like seafood and fish? I like to eat ready-cooked smoked mackerel fillets for lunch a couple of times a week. Just check there’s no added sugar as some brands include it.

(Adriana) #6

This thread has some good ideas: Typical menu

(Jes) #7

Shrimp in garlic. butter and parsley is my go-to quick meal.

(Raj Seth) #8

Some eschew prepared food but …
Hot Dogs, sausage of any kind especially liverwurst, hamburger, pork belly. All cheap and have ideal Keto compliance!

My pantry list is mostly geared around lazy microwave recipes.

My lazy meal preps are based on buying the proteins that are on sale at any given time.

(Laurie) #10

Check out the Speedy Keto category:

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/food/speedy-keto

I’m done with cooking, except for occasional microwaving (eggs, ground meat, etc.). I also don’t prep. So if I have canned salmon, I just plop on some mayonnaise and hot sauce–no chopping of celery or onions for me. Instead of making sauces, I buy mayo, a few favorite condiments, and occasionally a tomato sauce with no sugar or added starch.

It can get boring, but you can cook something more elaborate every once in a while.

Everything I eat is cheap: canned fish, ground meat, a plain hunk of cheese, eggs, pork rinds, processed meats occasionally.

I also take whey protein isolate daily (sweetened with stevia, and I add some cocoa powder). I know some don’t approve of protein powder. But it’s convenient, makes a nice treat, and is actually cheaper than real food.