Two specific health issues and carnivore

(jr bob dobbs) #1

Hello.

I am transitioning into a carnivore diet from a low carb, grain-free diet, in order to see its effect on BPH and hypothyroidism. The only two medications I take daily are an alpha blocker for BPH and desiccated pig thyroid for hypo… I am hoping to come off both medications completely in the future.

I was wondering if anyone here has specifically treated either of these two conditions with this diet change?

Thank you.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

If the reduced carbohydrate of a ketogenic diet hasn’t made a difference, then I don’t believe eliminating plants entirely will make a difference, either, sorry. Past a certain point, there is a limit to how much improvement a change of diet can bring. For example, a low-carb diet can help eliminate the early symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease, but past a certain point, cognition may improve somewhat, but an overall deficit will remain. I suspect that the same will prove true with your prostate and thyroid.

However, we never know with this stuff, and I look forward to hearing from carnivores who have had the same issues.

Wouldn’t expect it to make much of a difference, BPH isn’t just about inflammation and that’s what you’d be doing with keto and carnivore, that’s why you’re prescribed 5AR Inhibitors and not anti-inflammatory meds, on the Thyroid, if you’re truly hypo you gotta treat it directly. You may be able to bump it up a little, but probably not enough to matter. When I was strict keto (not sure if I ever tested when I was doing carnivore) my Thyroid numbers were worse than when I switched to CKD/TKD, there does seem to be some validity to carbs and thyroid numbers. If desiccated thyroid does it for you though it can’t be that bad or you’d be on at least T4, maybe T3. Me personally… I love T3, who doesn’t love being able to rev up the metabolism at the pop of a pill?

They’re both great from a bunch of different other angles though.

yes carnivore can make a difference for sure on what our bodies clearly react on key factors like insulin and hormones. healing of hormones does so much for us and on carnivore we push this from an elimination menu that does work for both issues you mentioned

here is one good one to hear…

Dr Ken Berry has a few hypothryoid and other thyroid issues with autoimmune chats too in his other videos. He has many you can explore.

On my Zero Carb sites on facebook I searched both and alot of people said the BHP improved tons but when I researched the thryroid I am out of my element in that I have no thyroid info at all, never really researched it but some comments were they lowered their meds, some said they improved alot without have any increasing worse numbers and became stable and others said they are dealing with that hyrpothryoid along with other medical issues so I guess that would come into play as each of us are very individual on it. I don’t’ have to deal with either but there is alot of zc info out there about these issues when one does research.

So info about it is out there in the zc sites if you want to research it more.

wishing you the best.