Two month progress

(Kirk Evans) #1

I started January 1st (a great New Year’s resolution). After two months, I am down 50 pounds as of today! I have had to drill new holes in my belts. I can fit into a pair of jeans I couldn’t before, and shirts fit a lot better. I still have about 100 pounds to go, before and after pics aren’t very noticeable yet.

Thankful that friends recommended Carl and Richard’s podcast back in December.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #2

50 lbs? Fantastic! Good job, Kirk.

Out of curiosity, where did you start?

Given how much you have to go, I’ll keep a good thought for you that you can continue at a similar pace. One thing to plan for mentally is that as you approach your goal weight, the weight loss will almost certainly slow significantly, both because your body has built-in feedback mechanisms designed to prevent you from wasting away, and for the simple reason that with less body fat, there are limits on how much fat you can mobilize in a day. I only mention this so you can prepare for it and hopefully avoid disappointment and/or frustration.

But man, what a great result. Very nice to hear, and keep it up!

(Kirk Evans) #3

Thank you very much! I started at 360, at 309 this morning. This is the first time I’ve ever been successful at losing weight and I’m pretty darned happy with the results as well as proud of the cumulative hard work over the past 2 months.

I do anticipate that the weight loss will slow. It has been a series of plateaus and gains followed by losses. I am hopeful to get down to around 200 over the next year or more.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #4

Keep Calm and Keto On, and you will get there.

Are you currently working out, or planning to add that in? I’ve become a fan of Stronglifts 5x5. One of the first programs I’ve stuck to for a significant amount of time (6 weeks so far), and I’m pretty sure I’m getting good results. Weightlifting won’t make a significant difference in the weight loss, but you will feel better and it will improve your health. And the bonus of starting early is that as you approach your goal weight you will have a nice foundation of muscle that will show itself. :smiley:

(Jake P) #5

Nice job. I have a way to go as well, but the big numbers early on help keep me going.

(Kirk Evans) #6

I have been doing a lot of weightlifting, 60 minutes per day followed by 30 minutes cardio. You’re right, muscles starting to peek through the fat.

(Kirk Evans) #7

I am down 60 pounds as of today, and out of the 300 club for the first time in years.

(Jake P) #8

Awesome, I hope to be out of the 300 club in the next month. Aright now I am about halfway to my goal

(G. Andrew Duthie) #9

Nice! Keep it up.

My latest milestone was deadlifting more than my bodyweight. Next workout, I’ll be over 200 lbs on the deadlift.

BTW - make sure you’re giving your muscles enough time to rest/heal between workout days. Lifting heavy every day may slow your progress, as without rest days, you won’t be able to build the muscle fibers as effectively, or so I’ve read.