Tripping Over the Truth

(Cathy) #1

It is a very sciencey book that I read in the past year and it comes to mind frequently. It left a real impression on me around the science of cancer. I wonder if anyone else has read it. Also Dr. M. Eades wrote a blog post on the same book recently…

(Gloria) #2

I read it last year. But then I like sciencey books. Having already had two different cancers (both caught very early, thank goodness). I am hoping this WOE will minimize the chance of a #3. This is another case where there was evidence for the metabolic theory of cancer around 100 years ago. Then it got left in the dust and a lot of people suffered. At least there are some more people researching it now.

(Cathie Condon) #3

I’m reading it now. My Mom died last week - cancer. I’ll do all I can to avoid it.

(Gloria) #4

So sorry about your mom. It must be very raw. I never know the right thing to say, but hope that my good intention comes through.

After reading the book I got a personal trainer through our Park District’s Rec Center so that I could build up my mitrochondria. I am starting slow. Did you see the post about Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s workout? Go Ruth, it's your birthday, go Ruth, it's your birthday! I have a long way to go to catch her. I wonder if she was doing this before her cancer diagnosis.

Oh my goodness, my deepest sympathies. Thank you for sharing a bit about what you are going through. I hope the information in this forum helps you in your health journey and bring more understanding of issues we face in focus.

(Jacquie) #6

@Cat I’m so sorry for your loss. I do believe you will avoid it.

(Cathy) #7

Very sorry to hear of your Mother’s recent death. It is heartbreaking to lose your Mother.

Mine died of complications of diabetes (type 2) years too soon. I started this journey in an attempt to avoid it. At the time I thought that being overweight was the cause. Since then, I have discovered how much more complicated it is but also that keto is our best bet for any number of metabolic diseases not least of which, is cancer.

(Bacon for the Win) #8

very sorry about your mom.

(Stephanie Hanson) #9

My mom died last June of mets cancer. That’s when I began doing the keto cancer research. Tripping over the Truth is a long read and worth it. Ellen Davis has a new book out that distills the how tos. Fight Cancer with a Ketogenic Diet.

My goal is to spend at least 7 days a quarter with a GKI of <= 1. My stress levels have been high for awhile now and I’m struggling with pure fasts.

So, I’m working on figuring out how to get back into EF in a gentler way that will help me reach my goals.

I’m sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. I’m glad you’re being proactive.