TRIGGER WARNING - Bake-Off, The Professionals is BACK!

(Rob) #1

A new channel (C4), new presenters (Tom Allen for Angus Deayton, plus young, lovable regular Bake-Off finalist Liam), same judges (Benoit & Cherish) and more sugar and carbs than you can shake a big peppermint stick at!

Exquisite self flagellation… like the pastry chef in the first episode who is allergic to eggs :exploding_head:

Sunday nights, 8pm, C4 :flushed:

Indeed, tormented myself with it last night… although too weird & wonderful to really tempt me! Those judges are so harsh! & the poor chef with the egg allergy did not look well…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

But no Mel, Sue, or Paul, right? So what’s the point? :frowning:

(Rob) #4

Well, there’s been no Mel and Sue for a season and a half (short SU2C celebrity season) but the professionals never had them (or Paul). He’s a bread guy so they have a couple of fancy patisserie chefs for the professionals. They make Paul look like a cute puppy!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

He is a cute puppy!

Unfortunately, the cute ones always turn out to be married or heterosexual. :frowning_face:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6

I am watching Nailed It! Where no one has yet made a carb that I would think of eating.