Tried EVERYTHING... indefinite STALL

From what I’ve been reading 800 kcal is WAY too low. You may be damaging your metabolism. The less you eat the lower your metabolism will go. If you ever went back to eating normally you would then gain. Your body needs to be nourished.

(Jacob Wagner) #22

I wouldn’t get hung up on percentages.

If you eat only incidental carbs, enough protein to maintain lean mass, and fat to satiety then you should do fine.

“Fat to satiety” will change depending on your activity level, eating patterns, insulin levels, and how much body fat you are burning. If you need to eat extra one day because the night before you had an insulin spike (like from the cake I slipped on a few days ago) then all of the extra should be fat. The amount of carbs and protein should be fairly fixed despite the changes in fat intake, which means percentages will vary as well.

–Jacob

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #23

well, i did find that fat bombs lost their appeal after the first month, but did bulletrproof…and lost at first then stalled again. I don’t 'slip" as my craving for ANY food as been ZERO, which is a breakthrough for me, but my carbs are mainly spinach, and the incidentals in things like cream or cheese, sausage… no baked goods. SO i need to get “hung” on SOMETHING if not percentages because i’m not losing, back and forth on same 2 lb spread for 2 months. This body has had a life of trauma and dieting and it’s metabolism is sacked so that’s where i need help.
thanks,
in His grace,
Lisa
http://www.lionsgatebookdesign.com

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #24

ive done others AND THEIRS just last night but they have me eating too many carbs (20g) and I’ve been doing 14g because their calculations didn’t work for months, that i felt i had to adjust something. Ruled.me calculator also had me eating 101g FAT, which didn’t help all those months also. but mine are not working either. should i STAY THE COURSE or change?

mine … ruled.me
FAT: 70% / 86g…101g
CARBS 5% / 14g… 20g
Protein 25% / 69g… 62g

(Allan L) #25

You don’t have to eat the fat. Its just a guideline for you if you are monitoring calories.

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #26

I’ve been watching Dr. Darren Schmidt talking about upping the fat ratio above 2 to 1…but i think he’s talking about “fast mimicking” diets, and the importance of getting the fat up with protein and carbs down.
My other question was …and he mentioned it in getting into ketosis, is that if the fat is higher, and you then use the same ratio if you bring one down…so i’m wondering if i’m off becuase i’m not getting my proteins in …so fat and carbs would have to be lowered also. i CANNOT GET to my calorie limit of 1400, that’s my problem, can’t eat much foods lately, 2-3 SMALL meals…and stalled.

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #27

well with the bulletproof mornings, i had no appetite all day…so even at 2 meals it’s impossible to get over 800 unless you gorge. Remember i’m 60, and i have no appetite, so, i’ve heard negative feedback on shakes, saying that they can still trigger insulin reactions and should eat whole foods, am deciding to take bulletproof mornings off but still only grace, no full meals, sickened by food and am getting through gut issues, but a bit of meat and spinach salad puts me over the edge on food. HOW can someone possibly get in 1400 cal? especially with low carbs? that’s a TON of food!
i’ve been searching meal plans for months, and eating single is tough, not wanting to make a ton of elements to the meal.

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #28

thanks and i’ll look into it. i’ve been doing Oxycize’s programs for deep lung lobe breathing and stretching as they have over 40 pages of testimonies, before/afters and healing testimonies also (carbon dioxide carries out fat cells) http://www.oxycise.com/ but i will look into TTapp.

It sounds like Oxycise is working for you! I wasn’t thinking that you should stop that and do TTapp, was just mentioning an additional option in case you were curious.
I’m sure that someday we’ll discover that a huge portion of the benefits from exercise is just from improving our breathing, and you’ll be there in your exquisite perfection nodding your head knowingly! If you’ve improved your body composition so dramatically, whatever you’re up to is definitely doing something good for you.

I’m sitting at subway right now eating a salad with lots of fats.
I’m not the least bit hungry. I’m 60 too!
I hear you but there is a lot of scientific info regarding the fact that reduced calories wrecks your metabolism.

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #31

it’s hard to force feed now that i’m not hungry, almost bloated and healing from the gut issues (not enough enzymes to metabolize fat and started gut issues). Maybe deleting the bulletproof and finding a way to get breakfast in (without eggs), will help but people advice against protein drinks…so we’re talking a lot of meat. or fish i know body builders love.

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #32

TTAP looks amazing and may help because of my spine. thanks much!!!

(Jacob Wagner) #33

So you can’t eat fat and you don’t eat eggs. Do I understand that?

–Jacob

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #34

i eat fat; coconut oil(viniagrette and cooking) and avocados, fatty meats, i just can’t do eggs. i started getting sick with bloating and diarrhea after 2 months of eating them for breakfast. i’m starting to reintoduce them but slowly. i don’t want to do protein shakes but do use collagen, bone broth.
light lunches with light meat on salad…but bulletproof was making it hard to get protein in during the last 2 meals and most days i only wanted to eat one meal.I talked to some guy who was losing on one meal…but i didn’t.

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #35

Jittery and slept poorly for the past 3 months, no more than a couple hours if that, up all night and sleeping at 7 am to 10 at times, missing church, wasted hours in bed…felt like cortisol was off, still struggling a little with that and taking some homeopath meds for that. Thought hormones and adrenals may be an issue. I JUST read that intermittant fasting (something i do daily between 8pm and noon) is NOT what you should do if you’ve got sleep issues or gut issues or other health issues.

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #36

i eat fat. not eggs. can’t get over 900 calories…stuffed and bloated all the time but taking probiotics and enzymes (gut issues started and pain after eating anything). i started working out / walking daily and that helped the stall so i’m going to keep trucking albiet slowly. thanks.

I could not eat eggs for almost 18 years, reintroduced them a couple of years ago and it seems ok

Some people suggest saving part of your carb allotment for right before bed

A small serving

(Lisa Vento Hainline) #38

I AM GOING SNAKEDIET folks! i did the mineral supplemented FAST and then a dry fast, and lost 8 lbs in 5 days and with NO cravings, but full energy and feeling as if i just at about an hour ago the whole time! I’ll do keto on “feed days” in between. thanks all for help!

(Beth) #39

Do you mean you did two 48 hour fasts with a refeed in between?

Probiotics of any kind make me bloated and gut issues.