Travel SNACKS

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #21

WOW!

SPAM is made a few towns over from me. It’s a Minnesota thang

(Peter Barney) #22

@Brenda your a star, you can be my road trip copilot anyday :red_car:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #23

I used to munch them right outta the bag @brownfat, I guess I don’t do that often anymore. Mostly I use them for breading or as “flour” in pancakes and baked goods. I do occasionally buy cracklin’s, the hot kind. I have even found salt and vinegar flavor!

@Kassie fed me Lowrey’s microwave pork rinds last weekend. So good hot! I need to buy those!

I really don’t get it…unless it’s in a ration pack why would anyone actually choose to eat that stuff?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

Because it is not offal (though I’d eat that too), it has no artificial ingredients or fillers. A bit of potato starch to hold it together, but basically it’s just chopped seasoned ham formed into a loaf. Same concept as meatloaf.
EXCEPT-

SPAM is made with pork shoulder, not exactly the snouts, tongues and tails people THINK it is made from.
It gets a bad rap. Lol
But hey, if you don’t like the TASTE, I can respect that.

(Jennifer) #26

We love SPAM - like it sliced and fried or cubed and added to scrambled eggs. And I’ll even eat it right out of the can…

The ultimate Keto breakfast menu…

(Wenchie) #27

Hahaha I was thinking of Montey Python as well :stuck_out_tongue:

(eat more) #28

great now it’s running through my head! thanks friend! LOL

(Kudos2Keto) #29

Love these containers…today we have beef sticks, string cheese, macadamia nuts and a fat bomb (peanut butter cup). Travel Yum!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #30

:chestnut::chestnut::chestnut::chestnut::chestnut::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

I couldn’t understand why you’d go for a can when you can get the real thing, but based on your description, I get the convenience of it now. Not criticising…after all, I come from a land where we buy somewhere in the order of 19 million jars of this shit a year!! :joy:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

I’ve tried this shit.
Richard smuggled some to Colorado.
I prefer Marmite. Lol

Too much stimulation of the taste buds for me; anything “ite” has me recoiling in horror :scream:. Can you believe they released this a little while ago?! :open_mouth: So wrong!!!

You think Vegemite is evil…how about this Italian concoction…

Clearly showing my ignorance here…I always thought Nutella was a product of the USA. There you go, learning something new everyday! And yeah, can’t say I’m a fan of that little beauty either.

(Jessica) #36

Cacao butter drops:

• can withstand normal room temperature
  • don’t need a spoon, no mess in the car
  • If you’re not as lazy as me you could as well melt and flavour them and put them in cute molds

(This is just leftovers from my bpc portion)

(Wenchie) #37

Is that real??? :flushed::flushed:

Yep!! Didn’t last long on the supermarket shelves though (whoda thunk it?!) Hate to think how much unsold stock went to landfill.

(Wenchie) #39

That’s disturbing :nauseated_face:

(Roxanne) #40

I’ve read about keto brides who stacked wheels of cheese for their wedding “cake”. Sounds brilliant to me :slight_smile: