Travel Is Finally Fun

Maybe keto is becomming more mainstream, but my first holiday since going keto has been super easy. While the menu items usually have some kind of starch, low carb subs are quickly suggested by waiters who appear to get such requests often. There are more options here than at home, where I have to actually prepare them myself.

I have put this post in the non-scale victories category, because the real surprise is how much easier it is to travel now. Gastric issues plagued my travels throughout my life, but this trip has been amazingly free from the usual frantic searches for public toilets and gut wrenching pain. I flew through turbulence that before would have had me frantic and nauseous, but felt neither. My family accuses me of having ‘princess and the pea’ syndrome, but have been able to sleep through the night in a strange bed and wake up rested. And I never expected at 66 to be able to keep pace with my younger family members, but am keeping up and occasionaly even outpacing them.

The calm in my gut seems to have also calmed my attitude. The problems which happen on any trip to a strange place no longer seem important. My old self whould have railed against every inconvenience, but my new self finds workarounds or simply walks away. I think my year long keto journey has brought me inner peace. How cool is that!

That is very cool!!
What a great NSV :slightly_smiling_face:

(Melora) #3

Fantastic! Keto seems almost too good to be true.

(Allan Misner) #4

I agree!

I used to take 14 - 17 hour flights to Asia on a regular basis. When I eat on a plane I bloat up and have terrible flatulence for two to three days later. The ability to not have to eat for 20 or more hours was a game changer.

Although it was very confusing for the flight attendants (Korean Air attendants are rock stars at their job). They couldn’t fathom someone not eating for the entire flight. So, they’d practically beg me to eat.

('Jackie P') #5

Where are you from and where did you go?