Trader joes beef sirloin roast

(bob) #1

I got a pre cooked grass fed organic beef sirloin roast from trader joes. From the options, they seem to be great when trying to find fully cooked meat that doesnt have any added carbs. However it lists 2 grams of sugar per serving. The list only has beef sea salt and black pepper. Has anyone bought this product. Is it a error on the label? Thanks.

(Troy) #2

That does not appear too bad
I would probably eat it
I’ll take a look at it though , on my next trip there

Are you able to post a pic of that label?:thinking:

(bob) #3

No picture of the label. The only ingredients listed are beef sea salt and black pepper. There is a jus it is in so they probably included something like onion or garlic. It is 2grams a serving which seems high for trace amounts.

(Troy) #4

Oh ok
Yes, I would agree
I’ll prob pass on this. Other options out there
Sigh
Thanks again

(Christina) #5

It seems a lot of prepared meats have some sugar in the seasoning. I would guess a seasoning salt blend and they don’t have to reveal exact ingredients. A lot of the meats at Costco are like this, so I just buy untreated in any way and season on my own.

(bob) #6

I agree. I really hate cooking. I agree most prepared meats have carbs or other starch. Trader joe’s is really good for high quality pre cooked meats that are basic with few ingredients and no added carbs.

It is a shame as it is really superb quality. They make another one and it is good enough I might buy it ocasionally, and just not eat the jus.

(Carol E. ) #7

Either the nutrition facts or the ingredient list is incorrect. I emailed an inquiry.

Curious - how much is a serving?

(bob) #8

3oz per serving. The weight varies. The one I purchased was a little less than a pound in total. I also sent an email.

(Janet) #9

Costco carries a similar grass-fed roast from Australia in bigger box, about $20. I dont have a box at this time, but think that is 0 g carbs. TJ does not list origin.

(Carol E. ) #10

FYI

Still waiting on a something other than the auto reply “Thank you for contacting us!”

(Janet) #11

I’ve had another Costco grass-fed beef sirloin. $9.79 per pound, two one pound sealed packages cooked sous-vide, sliced thin. The meat is tastier and has less gristle than the TJ version. 0g carbs, though ingredients state a spice pepper blend, dehydrated garlic, and even sugar (in order) so must be minuscule. I just taste beef, and love the convenience. Open, spread thin rare cooked slices on plate, plastic pouch reseals. Expiration for unopened pouches are 1-2 months out, can be frozen too. Lucky to have a Costco and TJ within a mile of each other, will sometimes buy the smaller size packaging or think TJ has better ingredients, but this Australian sirloin beef is a win for Costco.

(Carol E. ) #12

Reply from TJ’s recevied on 9/18/2018:

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, the two grams of sugar listed on the nutrition label is an error. There is no sugar in our Precooked Beef Sirloin, it is strictly beef, sea salt, and black pepper. Our nutrition team has addressed the situation and is working on a revision of the nutrition label. We apologize for this error and for the confusion. Thank you again for contacting to us and thank you for shopping at Trader Joe’s.

Best Regards,
Rose
Customer Relations
Trader Joe’s

Wow, look at that. You caused them to revise the nutrition label! Well done!

(bob) #14

Thank you so much for following through with this. It is a great product. The quality is exceptional for meat that has been fully cooked. Trader joes really does a gooda job as any store or company with pre cooked meat products. Particularly not adding uncessary sugar and fillers. If you dont like cooking or want the convenience. It is a great option. Especially now with it being basically 0 sugar.