Too much energy! (And gratitude for the keto community)

I’ve been on a long stall, so I’m really trying to take notice and be grateful for all the NSVs.

This morning, as with many mornings now, I have SO MUCH energy and mental clarity that I just want to be dancing at a concert, jogging by the seaside, working out at the gym… anything active and exciting instead of sitting in my cubicle at work and trying to contain this fabulous feeling.

Over the previous decade or two I had so much trouble concentrating at the office, but for very different reasons. I spent my life feeling tired, lethargic, foggy-brained, generally unwell, and just trying to make it through my stressful days at work so I could go home, lie down and rest. I was forever trying to fix it and become healthier, but I didn’t have the right tools.

Even though part of me regrets so much wasted time (I’m 43), I like to remind myself that I still have many MANY good years to go, and I’m so grateful to have found this WOE in time. I have some damage left to my body from 9 years of poorly controlled T2D, but it could have been so much worse… I’m eternally grateful to have found @carl and @richard, this community and the r/keto Reddit community before it was too late for me. I have so much love for you guys.

It makes me sad to know that so many millions of people won’t find this in time, and will go through their whole lives not knowing what being healthy feels like.

Well… this post took a different direction than I intended at the start, but there you go.

TL;DR: I have crazy energy today and I love you. :grin:

(Richard Morris) #2

There are only 2 ways to help them, convince the Dietetic and Diabetic peak bodies and the Heart association to look at the science and admit their advice of the past 40 years was wrong.

… or we can reverse our own disease ourselves, and then take personal responsibility for at least 2 other diabetics among our family and friends and show them how to do it … and when they have done that we can tell them to find just 2 more diabetics and pass the technique on. If each of us reverses our disease in 3 months and then finds 2 new people - in 5 years we’ll have gotten the word out to 1 Billion people and there are only 371 M diabetics on the planet.

Frankly I trust the mathematics of geometric progression more than I trust the Heart Association, the Dietitians Ass. of Australia, or Diabetes Australia.

@richard Funny, I was listening to the 2KD podcast last night and was thinking of your “teach two people” comment as I was writing this post. I totally agree… we can’t each individually save the world, but we can each do our part to shift the tide.

And it begins… a friend asked me this morning to help her get started on keto!

(carl) #5

Every day, it seems, I turn someone on to keto