Hi, all. I’m more or less new here on the forum. I’ve been keto since early February and down about 36 pounds from my highest known weight. Not the most impressive number out there for nearly 6 months, but the NSVs are tremendous as far as I’m concerned. Here goes . . .
- Increased energy: more desire to explore creative keto cooking, clean house, do projects, get out in the garden, and am walking about 10 brisk miles each week
- Mental sharpness: it counts for a lot in my line of work (I’m a medical coder). I’m trying to get a remote gig and recently did really well on both inpatient and outpatient tests, something my interviewer said is quite unusual. Also, I’ve never been a morning person and relied on IV infusions of strong coffee. I now get up before the alarm wakes me, alert as can be. I’m consuming less caffeine and not having afternoon crashes.
- Less inflammation: I can tell by the color of my cheeks that my rosacea is slowly subsiding and my joints and muscles are less achey. I got an hsCRP done in May (after 3 months) the result was less than ideal but not out of the reference range, but I’ve no doubt that things are moving in the right direction.
- Improved mood: I wouldn’t say that I was seriously depressed to begin with, but my mood in general is better than my preketo days. In fact, somtimes I’m positively elated for no apparent reason!
- Ability to IF and feel great: I never was a breakfast eater, so that meal was easy to skip and now Ive moved on to lunch too. I no longer have to prep and schlep food to work and am getting out and walking instead of spending my measly half hour chewing and swallowing at the shared lunch table. Water, tea and the occasioal pinch of pink salt are all I need. I have no doubt that I could skip dinner too, but my nonketo husband would probably lose his mind if I did.
Gotta stop now and get cracking in the kitchen . . .