To cook sausages on the grill, you BOIL them? Ah, what?

(Kirk Wolak) #21

Yes… That it is BELIEVED, but NOT PROVEN that the AGEs in the charred meat are somehow causing us to glycate our proteins… Or that it somehow increases the load of AGEs we have to deal with. (but we are digesting them, not free basing them)…

It’s like that thing about “By the time you are thirsty you are already dehydrated…” You simply might never know if it was HONEST science, or Gatorade pushing an agenda!

It’s really sad. And I am sure that there are many things we believe today that simply are not so.

Hmmm. Probably not the healthiest procedure…cooking with meth, lol.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

The first thing is probably speculation by someone who wants eating meat to be bad. You have a good point, there, that we are digesting the meat, not putting the AGE’s directly into our blood stream. If our stomachs couldn’t handle a bit of char, we would have died out long ago.

The way I was told the second thing was that, by the time we feel thirst, we are dangerously dehydrated. This is so false that it’s not even wrong. Firstly, when we start feeling a need to drink we are by no means seriously dehydrated; the idea is to give us time to find water before we get seriously dehydrated. Second, the body can go for quite some time without water. It doesn’t like to, and there are limits, but it can.

(Kirk Wolak) #24

Funny as I learn more about water and your body’s ability to create it’s own from Fat.
Dr. Jaquish (X3 Bar) said that in a study with dry fasting, after like 5 days. The fasting group was peeing as often as the non-fasting group. But they were burning fat really well!

I maybe saw my father drink 3 glasses of water in his life. He drank black coffee. Non-stop.
My wife is the same. She has maybe a couple of sips of water. She eats watermelon when she feels thirsty. She is normal-weighted, and often in ketosis without ever trying. She grew up just north of Greece and clearly ate a Mediterranean Diet.

So, we know that Camels get their water from their FAT stores. Which makes sense.
I am just now starting to experiment with intermittent DRY fasting. I think it may actually be a healthy hormetic stressor.

The meth method is not all it is "crack"d up to be but has the advantage of speed

(Robin) #26

Heh Heh
High brow humor there