To buy or not to buy (a new pair of jeans), it is a question

(Jane) #21

Honestly I don’t understand your aversion to paying for second hand clothes but ok with free second hand clothes.

You are overthinking and looking at this WOE as a diet, not a lifestyle choice. Diets don’t work. You can celebrate an event and eat non-keto… and then go right back to it because “that is how you eat now”.

If you are unsure this is for life and the money for new jeans I would wait and wear a belt.

My 2 cents.

Lame excuse is lame...

Well, just let’s say this aversion is caused by this kind of reason: I am simply just a cheapskate person. Of course, I understand that if it is for new thing, it is reasonable to pay. But a second-handed item… maybe just because it is jeans that is worn by a person for quite long, I would expect it to be free instead. After all, hygiene. (Lame excuse, I know, so I am not going to say anymore about it.)

Lame excuse again...?

Well, I find it hard not to overthink. As much as I actually like some parts of this WOE, I don’t like other parts, and I didn’t get some of the benefits yet(maybe because I didn’t stay long enough before I get cheat).

The parts that I like: I can eat without giving a care to the amount, as long as it is not carby.(At least it is like that to me right now: I don’t care about protein and fat, yet. Sorry, if I still need to care about the amount of protein, I don’t think I can eat till satisfied/full.)

But, just like each cloud has its silver lining, each heaven has its demon as well…

The parts that I don’t like: I have gotten very fussy in terms of food.
The sweet sauce on the meat? I like… but I must reject.
The flour on the meat? rejected
The starchy gravy on the meat? rejected
what is left? very few, and they don’t happen to be the food that I like(luckily I don’t dislike those foods as well, so I am still okay: but, as much as they are low in carb, they are also quite low in fat, thanks to the low-fat trend.)
I know that you can always up the fat, but the fat provided sometime is margarine. Unless it is better to use margarine(than nothing) to up the fat…? heh.

The benefits that I don’t think I get: The calmness and the mood stability.
In fact, I feel that I am more easily angered recently. (The stress from wanting to be as correct as possible is likely just one reason)(I won’t use the word “perfect” as I don’t think I have the right. Just wanting to be as correct as possible is already hard to me that wanting to be perfect is a funny joke to me.)

This is also just a rant. Please disregard if you really find them to be just lame excuses.

(Stephanie ) #23

Its simple: either your going to buy new or second hand jeans and enjoy the fact that you lost weight or your gonna walk around with Your pants falling off your butt. Why is this so difficult? It sounds like your unsure about continuing with this lifestyle or that your expecting the “worse” to happen.

Kind… of.

(Stephanie ) #25

Then maybe hold off on buying any new jeans and go buy a pair at a second hand store, that way you have a pair that fits and if you decide to go off keto and regain then the money loss would be minimal. I personally don’t see anything wrong with buying second hand clothes, with me loosing weight I can’t afford to buy new clothes everytime I drop a size. Spending just a few bucks on a good pair of used jeans is defiantly a win for me.

(Pete A) #26

Yes, this is what you want to think about? You can DO IT!

(karen) #27

In the forum I used to moderate, this would be called an ice cream party. Scoop of mint-chocolate-troll, anyone?

(Jane) #28

I was thinking the same thing from his/her responses.