Tito’s vodka OK for Keto?

(Jack Hillis) #21

I subscribe to the no carbs equal no carbs when downing my Tito’s… That being said, it hits you a lot harder when in ketosis so moderation is key unless you want to get blackout drunk… :wink:
Not to mention drowning a few queen olives in Tito’s and a couple cubes of ice is a great way to reward ones self for a great day of eating (and get more sodium)…

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #22

Omg I learned this the hard way just this weekend :neutral_face: absolutely sh*tfaced…I have no memory from dinnertime onwards. It was awful. Cautionary tale to anyone planning on drinking…be careful and DON’T mix your drinks!! I was fine until I cracked open the bubbly!

(Jennibc) #23

That’s not true. Any alcohol can stop weight loss, but I’ve been using blood monitor to test ketones and having a couple of drinks made with zero carb spirits added to soda, I am still in optimal ketosis the next several days (1.5-3.0) Now, the issue may be that your liver can’t do what it needs to do to break down your fat stores for use, but if you are eating ketogenic, you have the fat from your dietary intake for ketones.

(Christy) #24

False. I have been in ketosis since day 2 & regularly enjoy vodka :beers:

(Christy) #25

Have you tried the Ketel One Botanicals? The grapefruit rose has less calories & is quite tasty on it’s own.