Tired but still trying

progress
beginning
newbies
keto
food

(Crystal) #1

Good morning everyone. I’m here to rant/let off some steam but also post my NSV. (I usually like to do this on reddit and will probably do it later but I’m at work where reddit is disabled but I also like posting on here equally as much).

Coworkers are pissing me off a bit. But I read something before bed or early in the morning yesterday about the 3 or 5 rule. “If it’s not going to matter in 5 years, don’t waste 5 minutes on it.” Which is actually great and helped me with my steam/anger management issues. It’s actually true. Don’t get mad over something so small.
But it helped me get over my depression b/c I didn’t think about it since I was stressing too much about my coworkers pissing me off. (It’s settling down though).

This morning, I realized that if I eat breakfast before work, then I could time my meal perfectly so I eat after work at school. This was a huge epiphany. I wake up at 6:30AM and have breakfast around 7AM and was concerned about eating lunch at work (at noon) because I’m only trying to eat when I’m hungry. Therefore, I try to eat in 6-8 hour intervals. I found in my previous attempt at keto this worked best. TODAY IS THE DAY I START KETO AGAIN (I have attempted several times, but I have NOT given up!). So anyways, I was concerned about eating at lunch when I’m not hungry and then realized that I can eat breakfast before work and then eat my next meal after work so that I only eat when I’m hungry. Now my only issue is that we get a lot of baked goods at work. Right now, I’m not hungry because I had my keto breakfast but am not sure what would happen if baked goods were to come in to work (they were the reason why I failed). BUT I do realize that once I jumped off the wagon on keto, I felt like absolute crap so I need to remind myself of that crappy feeling every time I even attempt to look at un-keto friendly baked goods. It really made me realize that 3 seconds of (non-keto) baked goods isn’t worth it. I found that keto also helps me with my depression since it helps me lose the weight I’ve gained since starting keto.
I am tired b/c I procrastinated last night in studying for my exam so I feel tired but I still feel good that I started keto again. I may have fallen off the wagon yesterday but I feel so much better when I had my keto breakfast. I can’t think of anything more to say even though I had a lot to say but thank you to all who read my rant. It helps me with life in general.

Oh! I’m going in small steps. Like making keto-baked goods and not counting calories. I’m trying to get used to listening to my body first and actually becoming hungry instead of eating out of boredom.

(Troy) #2

No apologies needed.
I can understand

Just yesterday. Found myself reallly stressed and slightly depressed. Immediately, had a sugar craving. Grab a peppermint mint ( bad move ), then another, then another , then another etc…pure sugar

All this during my late night normal IF…yikes!
It happens. Not like this w me b4!:rage:
Slept horribly

So, it took the above to push me farther in to wanting to fast longer today🙂

As of right now I’m on hour 30 of fasting
Just had coffee, pink salt, and lemon water

My point

Keep pushing forward!
Good luck

(Crystal) #3

Thank you! And yeah, I ate a lot of nuts last night and unnecessary food but I’m still getting used to it.