Three NSVs

(Marianne) #1

Okay, I’ve got three NSVs! I bought my first pair of leggings ever. Haven’t tried them on yet, but I am pretty confident they will fit. Waiting for my control top undies to get there. Then today, I got my first pair of fashion boots - and they fit in the calf!!! One other time I tried in the past - and I was thin then - but they didn’t fit in the calf, and I have nice legs (at least I think). That bummed me out and I never tried them after that until now. So cool. Will have to try them with my leggings.

Then today, I actually went to a real gym and worked out - Planet Fitness. Did the 30 minute work-out, which really was more like 50 min. No one else was on it at the time, so I could take as long as I needed. Love the weights, don’t like the cardio, but it was all good. Sore afterwards, but it was a good sore. I am psyched. My hamstrings need work as I had trouble stepping down from the 2" or 3" step (not stepping up), and also the back leg curl thing, I couldn’t lift more than several inches, but it will come. I was hesitating going because of my social anxiety, but I powered through it and just went. Once I got there, I was fine. Discovered that no one has time to give a shit about me; they are too busy concentrating on what they have going on. :laughing:

(Ellen ) #2

Congratulations Marianne. That’s so great, you put a smile on my face. I know the feeling of being able to wear the clothes you want. At least I did know :blush:. It is a great victory!

('Jackie P') #3

That is brilliant! Well done you for going to the gym! I have never been to a gym, I do my workouts in my pjs before I have a bath and get ready for my day! :blush:
Leggings, boots and a nice top is a good look.

(Susan) #4

Awesome, congrats on your 3 NSV’s!!

(Marianne) #5

Did the “30-minute Workout” at Planet Fitness on Friday. Took me almost twice as long, but it was okay. Taking the advice of folks here, I did most of the weights to “failure.” Most of them were on the lowest setting. Felt great.

Today, I am so sore, it is funny - everything hurts! Silly me - I thought I’d work out every other day. Ha! Looks like until I build up some strength, it’s going to be more like twice a week before I can recover enough to go back. Once again, that’s okay. It’s a marathon, not a race.

(Marianne) #6

Went back to PF today, 2nd time since starting last Friday. I was so sore for three days afterward (!) but felt good enough to be able to return today. This time, I did the 30-minute workout in probably 35 min. (vs. 50 min. on Friday). Seemed much easier. Loving it, especially that from door-to-door, it’s probably only an hour out of my day.