Thought you folks might get a kick out of this article

Alzheimer’s diet

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Interesting, but then I suppose that any diet that reduces the glycaemic load on the brain will aid with Alzheimer’s dementia. One article I read by a researcher into the disease stated that he has started calling it Type III diabetes, because its distinquishing feature appears to be insulin-resistance of the brain.

I find that very interesting. Never heard that.

@Hungerob, ugh on that modified Mediterrarian Diet…SO geared at nuts and greens. Not alot of meat protein mentioned at all and even red meat wasn’t mentioned…boo…but yea one can have wine tho. lol, and from the article: Correctly following the MIND diet involved daily consumption of:

• At least three servings of whole grains
  • A green leafy vegetable
  • One other vegetable
  • A glass of wine

Also included were nuts as snacks, beans every other day, poultry and berries twice a week, and fish at least once a week. Proper adherence included limiting consumption of the items in the unhealthy foods group.

--------no one is gonna follow this truly. When one is placed on a ‘only 2 servings per week’ or other restrictive type ‘diets’ like this, not many people can or will do it ya know, especially to ‘prevent’ possible Alz…heck people with type 2 diabetes won’t put down the bread and sugar and they have actual active medical issues happening, getting one to ‘eat for future issues’ like Alz is gonna be even harder to get anyone to eat this way BUT IT IS good tho to get the word out to not ‘eat the unhealthy food groups’ —geez, ya think?

ok being a tad snarky but I agree with Paul that any less lower carb type meal plan we go is the best way forward for all humans for better health and future issues as we age but also look at that first tick list…eat 3 servings of whole grains, how low can one keep a low carb menu like that? I don’t know…I guess it helps to always say eat better, too bad ‘real nutritional’ stuff isn’t included in the ‘overall menu’ over the articles out there but steps in right direction --I guess?