This stuff is better than medicine!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

I’ve said this before, but in case anybody missed it…
The subject of constipation comes up often, having to do with Keto.
I did have some constipation for about a month, and it got pretty much better after that… But even though I was going consistently, I wasn’t going a lot… Or should I say, not having complete stomach emptying which left me feeling like Superman :grinning: lol

Well I’m here to tell you, Metamucil (psyllium husk) has nothing on oat fiber !
I’m positive that it’s the oat fiber in this stuff that’s doing it ! So like I just told my GF… I’m going to take a good hunk of this stuff and stick it in the freezer, to make sure I have some when I need it… Even if it dries it out a little, I don’t care ! The next time we are planning some big, fun event… Or traveling, or hiking, etc, I’m going to be sure to eat 2 or 3 slices of this stuff the morning before ! So I can wake up the next morning, and lose like major pounds in one sitting :grinning: lol
And then be ready to conquer the world. And it’s a nice plus that this stuff tastes freaking awesome, as buttered toast, with a breakfast sandwich, whatever !

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

For me, the easiest cure for constipation is eating a bit more salt.

Mine is a lot of Swerve in a big tumbler of coffee.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

The gluten is a no go for me, I like using my hands to do stuff.

I just do magnesium to keep things going.

There is always malitol. That shows up in plenty of keto products

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #6

I eat quite a bit of salt already.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #7

I haven’t checked it out, but during this video, he says that “if you can’t eat gluten” he has another video / recipe for gluten free low carb bread. Cant say how that would taste. But you might be interested in trying it ?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #8

Maltitol is a sugar alcohol. I’m not convinced they are so great for Keto. Sucralose, on the other hand, tastes great, and has zero carbs or cals :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

I’d like to add a yeasted bread to my list of keto breads, will have to see if I can find his other video.

Off to youtube I go. Thanks for mentioning this. I stopped at the list of ingredients and saw the gluten and passed on watching further.

Wasn’t saying it was good for keto… but I’d does have an impact on constipation

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #11

Okay thank you. That’s good to know. But yea, I do try to avoid sugar alcohols, and any time I have a choice of artificial sweeteners, I go with Sucralose. Of course most of the time, having a choice means I’m cooking it myself.