This One for Me is Huge

(Rob) #1

When I was posting in my accountability thread yesterday I was counting my keto blessings when a thought occurred to me - I haven’t felt oppressively tired in about two weeks. For me that’s life changing. Since my mid t olate 20’s I’ve always had some kind of daytime fatigue sleepiness. I initially wrote it off to going t ocollege and working full ime, then working two josbs for a while … but it has always been with me.

I’ve had every medical test known to man … most more than once.Some doctors thought I was making it up or it was all in my head because I could go to the gym at lunch and workout … felt fine for a while afterward … but the fatigue/sleepiness returned. I do know I have narcolepsy and have medication for that … but even that medication (speed with a prescription label) didn’t touch the fatigue or sleepiness sometimes.

I have always taken the meds conservatively, starting out the morning with 1/2 a pill and dosing throughout the day as needed. back to yesterday, it occurred to me that I had taken my half pill in the morning and nothing after that. Add to that I have not had that overpowering urge to nap during the day.

As I started researching keto I wondered if my fatigue/sleepiness was due at least in part to the totally screwed up way my body handled sugar/glucose/insulin. With two weeks of feeling great, I’m not ready to call it a complete victory but I’m hoping I may have found at least a partial solution. For now anyway … it appears that the advice given by the more senior members to a whiny newbie (that would be me - i wish I could find a DeLorean and flux capacitor and go back and change some of my early posts) … the advice you gave about keto working on some broken things before the weight loss started appears to be spot on. This based on the last two weeks.

For the record, I’m finishing my 10th week of strict keto, a 4+ day fast and 3 shorter ones under my belt.

As I stated earlier, given I’ve felt this way for two weeks I’m not calling the battle over, but if I continue to feel this good on keto … meaning the oppressive fatigue and sleepiness is a thing of the past (I’d settle for largely a thing of the past) … I’d stay on keto the rest of my life if I never lost another pound!

(Karen) #2

Good morning!

K

(Doug) #3

:slightly_smiling_face: Rob, without doubt, many of us benefit from improved hormonal balance and blood sugar control. I used to get sleepy after eating. “There’s Uncle Doug, going to sleep again…” Poor response to insulin, insulin levels going higher, eventually I had some sort of “crash…” - that’s what I think. Things are definitely better now.

(icky) #4

:joy: