This little device will save you a fortune on the keto diet!

(Allan L) #1

You can thank me later. LOL

A belt hole punch. :wink:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #2

LMAOā€¦wasnā€™t sure what I was gonna see when I opened this thread. Bravo!

(Todd Allen) #3

I didnā€™t have a punch so I clamped my belts between thin pieces of wood and then used a drill to make more holes. And recently trimmed them shorter with heavy duty shears confident that I wonā€™t be needing the old holes again.

Heh, I need a new belt. I have to wrap mine all the around me twice now. Itā€™s ridiculous :stuck_out_tongue:

(Allan L) #5

I just used a sharp blade to do the same.

Just purchased a punch on amazon today, Ā£5 to bring a load of belts back to life. Thought Iā€™d post the pic on here for a little chuckle.

(Todd Allen) #6

The punch is definitely a better solution. The holes I made by drilling are fuzzy, but Iā€™m cheap and didnā€™t care enough to do it right.

(Brian) #7

Got one of the non-metal ones with a plastic buckle arrangement, feels like a heavy nylon or something similar. It doesnā€™t use any holes to hold it in place so can pretty much be any length between itā€™s maximum and about 10" or so. I got it because I was working at an Amazon warehouse and we had to go through the metal detectors several times a day, thought it would make life easier. And it did. Figured the plastic buckle would bust in short order but itā€™s been like 5 or 6 years now and itā€™s still doing fine. Iā€™ve gone from just a short end coming out of the buckle to it just about reaching the next belt loop around.

I had a regular dress belt that I wore a couple of times, one being my momā€™s funeral in April. The last time I looked at it a few weeks ago, there were no holes where I would have needed it so it got hung back up on the rack.

I doubt Iā€™ll ever lose enough weight for me to be able to wrap the thing around twice but itā€™s an interesting thing to daydream about. :slight_smile:

I second what youā€™re saying, this baby was about the best $11 Iā€™ve ever spent.

(Chris W) #9

My ā€œtrophyā€ belt is one that I bought for myself when I lost some weight doing low-carb in about 2004. It was a 42 or 44" belt that just barely fit me when I got it. I told myself I would shrink into it. I wore it for about a year before a bout of kidney stones, a urologist who blamed low-carb and a cruise vacation where I decided that ā€œI could take a few days off my diet, whatā€™s the worst that could happen?ā€
The worst did happen, and the belt no longer fit for a few years. My weight drifted up and down a bit for several years. Sometimes the belt fit, sometimes it did not. In 2016 when I got serious about Keto it did fit, but it became too big in the 1st couple months. After a few more months, it occurred to me that I was enough smaller that I could cut off all the holes on the belt and start making new holes about 5" from the end.
This belt now has 2 holes and will hopefully get a 3rd hole soon. Itā€™s a great visual aid to share with people when they ask about my transformation and my diet.

(Chris) #10

You can also change up your belt typeā€¦Mission belts are my go to (https://missionbelt.com/). You can get them on Amazon too. They are a little pricier, but they are really good quality and they have a ton of options (colors/materials).

(Allan L) #11

I like the concept but also keen to see the changes in body size with the holes.

(Chris) #12

Word.

One piece of advice I got that I thought Iā€™d repeat here, donā€™t add holes, once you run out of holes, unpick the buckle end, chop that end by the distance from last hole to first hole and sew back up. I used a tiny drill on the dremel, but the leather guy at the mall should do it for next to nothing.

(Sharon) #14

I bought an Elastic Womens belt on Amazon for $14 it is great, donā€™t have to put elastic in my pants and no bulky belt buckle, just a flat thin buckle. They make em for you fellas too

(Brian) #15

I had to go look. This is closer to the one I have:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VGR923/ref=twister_B06XPX3ZHV

Like I said, I figured the plastic belt buckle would be history inside of a very short time window so I bought two of them. That was like 6+ years ago and I have yet to open the second one. I may, at some point, be looking for a way to shorten them. Their being nylon, Iā€™m not 100% sure how I could make a cut off end less sharp to deal with.

(Abi) #16

Lolā€¦You are so right and thank you. :grin::+1:

(Sophie) #17

You could always go with the Southern Optionā€¦ itā€™s adjustable! :laughing:

Yep. I punched several holes and blew past them all. Finally fit into a belt that I bought cuz I liked it (but could never wear it) and threw the old one away. Man that felt good!

(Bruce Sydenham) #19

Funny. I ordered 2 last week