Thinking of stopping Keto

(Edith) #42

Oh. I thought he was going to your house. I totally get his not wanting to prepare meat himself.

(traci simpson) #43

No! it’s at HIS house and he won’t accommodate me which in a way, is a bit selfish, although my SAD sister says I’m the selfish one for not just eating what he makes.

(Jack Bennett) #44

Can you bring some real food :grinning: in your own dish? I guess some families would interpret that as passive-aggressive … but it also seems passive-aggressive not to accommodate a close family member’s special diet.

(traci simpson) #45

Nope, he lives out of state and I asked if I could buy a ribeye to eat with his vegetarian meal and he said that that he would be offended… Good thing I love that kid! LOL

(Marianne) #46

God bless, honey. You are an inspiration. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs: :pray:

Today is a beautiful day!

(Marianne) #47

Amen.

I honestly had given up hope of ever losing even 20 lbs (drop in the bucket), or ever being “healthy” or feeling healthy.

What a miracle. Keto has been my deliverance and my answer.

(Marianne) #48

Great visual. That is living!

(Todd Allen) #49

Will he be offended if you fast?

(Jack Bennett) #50

Doesn’t sound like he’s being very gracious to his mom… :open_mouth::laughing:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #51

@Diygurl19 Excuse yourself to the bathroom, whip out one pound of purse bacon, have at it! :bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon: :joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(traci simpson) #52

Very much so, its Christmas.

(traci simpson) #53

A little stubborn, yes but whatever.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #54

@Diygurl19 Maybe it’s payback because You used to make him eat his vegetables! :laughing::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(Edith) #55

I say, “Enjoy yourself while you are there. Have some veggies (they won’t kill you) and have a big steak or burger when you get home.”

Sometimes we have to suck things up for family. We are visiting my in-laws for five days. They are old. I am not going to ask them to feed me and my husband meat only. I will eat what they are serving. I am lucky that I am not eating carnivore for any serious health problem. That makes it easier to suck it up.

Well, I need to qualify that: I am allergic to dairy and gluten. I won’t foods containing either of those.

(traci simpson) #56

I will. At least we can have eggs for breakfast and the days other than Christmas, we’ll be eating out or at least what we want so it’s just one day. He’s more important than an upset stomach!

oh boy me and him would be oil and water on that one HAHA
it is good you are giving into him, but also kinda not good you won’t allow yourself to be ‘you’ and he won’t allow you to be ‘you’. bit of a bad thing on that one but I get it…family :slight_smile: take the battle and fight the whole war or just fall into a peace talk and grin and bear it.

You know if super limited time I would grin and bear it. He is out of state etc. and this is a visit. What I would do…hey I am running to the store for ‘whatever’ and go out and hit a restaurant and eat up a steak and come home with a little purchase in a bag. hey what one doesn’t know won’t hurt one LOL I get it tho, been thru crap like this. it ends up all good mostly if we find a way to take care of our needs thru the BS of it all

(traci simpson) #58

He’s my boy and I love him and it’s one day. I ate sweets at a work Christmas party yesterday, so I can eat some healthy veggies for Christmas dinner.

(Jane Srygley) #59

Exactly! If you fast right after, you will get back into ketosis more quickly. I’m doing that today…

(traci simpson) #60

I’m going to try and fast as long as I can but, at work, it’s difficult but I leave for my trip on Monday so this weekend I’m going to have to do better. I HAVE TO.
:pray:t5: