Thicker hair on keto?

(kimberlynwebb) #1

I have always had thin hair. I used to feel like it was thinning on top. The last month or so it feels and looks Thicker to me. Has this happened to anyone else, or am I imagining things?

(Jay Morris) #2

Not for me, seems thinner.

(James Green) #3

Yeah, same. :sob::sob::sob:

(Richard Morris) #4

Most of our hair is continuously cycling between growing, not growing and falling out - they stagger when they do it so we don’t notice. When we start any diet we shock our body - so more than the usual amount of our follicles decide now may be a good time to fast forward to the falling out phase.

That is why some people in the early days notice more hair fall than normal … and then all those follicles start their growing phase all at the same time … and for that time you have more than a usual number of growing hair follicles.

(Jay Morris) #5

For the love of god please start growing…

(Jan) #6

Not sure if my hair is thicker (I think it is) but this is interesting: my big gray streak is disappearing!

(Richard Morris) #7

oh yes I have heard of hair that was grey growing back with it’s original colour. But it’s embarrassing how many things that keto seems to affect so I’d rather not suggest to anyone that it reverse grey hair.

(Jan) #8

Yeah if we make it sound too good, nobody’d believe anything! (But it’s true!)

(James Studdart) #9

Here’s hoping to :sob:

(softail925) #10

I havent noticed more or less hair, but what I have noticed is a nice beautiful healthy shine - hair stylist said it was all the wonderful fats Im eating! Ooooh yea!

(mwall) #11

Mine started coming out more to begin but stopped and now seems better than before too. :wink:

(Rawd Xii Anna) #12

The first year, I lost a lot of hair

But now, it’s thicker

(Dean) #13

im with ya on that

(Maggie Jones) #14

Definitely thicker and darker, here.

(Jodi Stewart) #15

I noticed this week that I no longer shed. I’m the one who is always leaving long strands of hair everywhere, now it all stays in, even when I run my fingers through it. It’s taken a year of keto to get to this point though. :slight_smile:

(Consensus is Politics) #16

Oi vey! And I was hoping hair loss would be a permanent side effect. I came in here to see if anyone else was experiencing new hair growth. As in new locations.

I’m a fairly hairy guy. Much like Tom Selleck or Robin Williams. So when I started to lose some hair, I was a bit excited about it. I’ve considered laser therapy, but it’s far too expensive. Waxing too painful. Shaving, HA! I’d feel like a cactus after two days.

Now recently, I’ve noticed a lot, excuse me, LOT, of hair growing where it’s always been a bit thin. Let’s see if I can put it in pseudo technical terms. Between the left and right horizontal clefts.

So if any one knows of a sure thing for hair loss, I’d love to hear about it. I’ve considered chemotheropy, radiation, I’ve toyed with the idea of getting a bunch of smoke detectors and removing the radioactive material in it and holding it in the affected are for a while. But Americium probably isn’t strong enough. Alpha rays I think. I’m wanting something ramped up a bit. Gamma rays? That’s sure to kill off those pesky hairs. As well as everyone else in the room.

Thanks again Keto. Fixing another problem I didn’t have. :roll_eyes:

(Nola) #17

My hair “problem” is that it’s growing faster… I go get my roots done every 4 weeks but the past few months my hairdresser has commented that my roots are too long and I need to come in more often. I’ve noticed it too that my hair is needing more frequent trims and touch-ups, even though my brush is overly full of fallen out hairs every day… So, I still don’t know if I consider this change good or bad :thinking:

(Tricia Roth) #18

I think my hair has stopped falling out at a normal rate. It did this when I was pregnant, too.

I’m only in my third week on keto, and it could just be a not so great haircut growing out, but it’s like it has a mind of its own. It says, “I’m going to be a helmet today.”

(Ken) #19

When I first started eating lipolytically, my temple grey turned dark again and my bald spot filled back in. Now, nearly 20 years later, I have a touch of grey on my temples but no additional loss. At least that’s what my Barber tells me.

(Consensus is Politics) #20

:thinking::no_mouth::slightly_smiling_face::grin::laughing::rofl::joy::rofl: