The Wedding Dress Fits Again!

(Sophie) #1

My dress was tailored for me from fabric that I found. I recently decided to give it a whirl, just for laughs to see if I could even zip the thing up. Lo and behold, even though I’m about 20lbs heavier than I was, it actually Zipped Up! Blew my mind.

This is great, and can you bring this up every time some one is on here complaining about a weight loss stall? Twenty pounds heavier at the same size is SO GOOD for you. I wish we could ban scales for the first year on keto (no, not really… but if there were some way to loosen the hold that # has on the mind and emotional well being of so many people…).

Congratulations, Sophie! Very cool :):grinning:

(Sophie) #3

Thank you. And I agree about the hold scales have over you. I do weigh everyday, first thing and I’m used to the ups and downs. They don’t phase me anymore because I’ve been weighing daily for literally 6yrs. What has amazed me about Keto though is how the weight is coming off! I never realized how important it was to take your measurements because that is where the real difference is!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Amazing news! Congratulations! :bacon::bacon:

I’m with you about the scale. I enjoy fiddling around with it, because the weight my scale registers varies, depending on how you stand. But I notice that pants I haven’t been able to fit into in several years are now showing signs of being too loose, regardless of whatever the scale happens to be doing. I tried on a pair that I haven’t been able to wear in close to a decade–they didn’t zip up, but I got them on over my butt—which wasn’t possible, last time I tried!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #5

Congratulations! Reading up on NSVs and this one takes the cake!

(Chris) #6

Wow!! That’s so fantastic! Great work!

(Dawn Comber) #7

That is just plain exciting! Congratulations! Was that a goal, @JustPeachy ?

(Sophie) #8

Actually, no. I never even thought it would happen…just goes to show ya! :blush:

(Dawn Comber) #9

Still an awesome bit of motivation. :heart_eyes:

(Sophie) #10

You can have my share of the cake. I don’t ever want to go there again! lol

(Sophie) #11

And here is an original of the wedding dress that I can actually wear again today!

(Dawn Comber) #12

Gorgeous :heart:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #13

Ha-ha! Cake has no power over me anymore and I’ve only been in ketosis 14 days! This WOE 18 days!

This forum is awesome! Congrats again on your NSV!

:+1:

(Doug) #14

What a great thread! :slightly_smiling_face::heart:

(Lucrecia) #15

Yup! Further proof that the scale lies! Well done indeed!