The videos from the Noakes trial have just been released

(Richard Morris) #1

Oh and well done @amber, it’s seems the prof used your AHS presentation to support his testimony.

You are now officially my new hero :smiley:

(Dustin Cade) #2

The fact that something like this went to trial boggles my mind…

Wow, great video!

Noakes is going to be as famous as Scopes one day.

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #4

Oh wow! I’m speechless. Wait…

But seriously, what an honour. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

I watched the entire video series. Noakes did a terrific job. Seems ridiculous this mess he is put through. Clearly, he presents the science very well. I wish they grilled the nutritionist “expert” who caused this mess, to expose the discrepancy of knowledge between the two parties.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #6

If I heard correctly in the linked video, it sounds like they didn’t even bother to show up. Being able to face one’s accuser is an important aspect of justice, and I guess one that is not universally supported by statutes or practice. I hope that it all comes out right for Prof. Noakes.

(Keto in Katy) #7

Noakes = Galileo

We know how this ends.

(Richard Morris) #8

She did her best to avoid the entire proceeding

(Crow T. Robot) #9

Correct. The whole thing is clearly just a pretext to embarrass Prof Noakes publicly since he was and is enormously popular in SA. I don’t think they expected him to fight back like he has done. The “accuser” is known to all, but nowhere to be found in this “trial”, so she is either intimidated at having to face him, or feels that she’s done her job and can now pass the baton.

(Richard Morris) #10

Dietitians know if a low carb diet gets traction that it represents an existential threat to their peak bodies, and cozy relationship with industry. They assume that high profile people are the problem - so they fight against people like @nofructose and prof Noakes and criticise them for using the platform “afforded to them” to push an unsupported agenda.

They are mistaken about 3 things.

1. They have EARNED the right to speak, not been afforded it
  2. They are presenting a well reasoned evidence supported position
  3. But they aren’t where the danger for Dietitians lies … it’s the grassroots revolution

It’s people like the 4000 of us on this forum curing diabetes, and then helping our friends and family do the same, and starting local groups, and being active on social media.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #11

(stuffs the bacon in my mouth so both hands are free for a slow clap)

Noakes is my fucking hero. The guy started out with totally different ides, corrected himself, apologized publicly, put his money where his mouth is by doing keto, himself, travels all over educating others, takes great pride in guiding athletes, holds his chin up through this whole nonsensical Scopes trial bit, and maintains an approachable, affable, serene countenance through it all. I hope to hell I’m that awesome when I’m his age.

That sounds like enough for a map…

(Gary Fettke) #12

Fabulous arguments @amber. Thank you for all the effort of putting that together. I am well aware of that workload.

(Gary Fettke) #13

My ‘closed trial’ did not allow me to defend the anonymous opinion of dietitians. Still battling the system that allows this.

(Crow T. Robot) #14

Hang in there, Gary! You’ve people all over the world behind you.

(Arlene) #15

I am truly sorry this has happened to you. I know two excellent medical doctors who had their licenses revoked because they dared to advise their patients anything other than the medical norm. They didn’t have fair trials either. I’m betting this kind of thing goes on much more than we know.

Dr Fettke,

Perhaps next time you need to perform an operation removing a limb from a T2D patient, you can invite the “anonymous” nutritionists and dieticians to watch.

I’m so sorry you have to go through the BS. And I’m glad there are doctors like you with courage and intelligence and compassion for the suffering to challenge the system.

I strongly urge everyone on this forum to watch this Australian senate public hearing, regarding the BS Dr Fettke had to go through, and see the level of bullying tactics he’s up against coming from the dieticians union (albeit they being unlicensed and no medical degree).

My blood really starts to boil starting at 17:50 onwards.

Everyone must watch this Australian Senate hearing
on Dr. Fettke:

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #18

Thank you!

(Richard Morris) #19

Sorry you had to be the one that had to go through that. But the best way to respond to bullies is to expose them, and I’m glad you’ve been able to do that.

(Gary Fettke) #20

'Tis the game Richard. Looking forward to our catch up next week :slight_smile:
Nothing back from NPC.