The vegans are at it again

(Richard) #1

Anybody else listen to this TED talk. Here is the link. I’d love to hear everyones response.
https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5mZWVkYnVybmVyLmNvbS9URURUYWxrc19hdWRpbw&episode=ZW4uYXVkaW8udGFsay50ZWQuY29tOjQxNTcw&pe=1&ep=6&at=1558623170687

His point that we must deal with global warming is well received. There are even a few other good points. The problems I have deal with how we as humans always think we can do things better than Mother Nature. I suspect his product is very lean, no fat, added synthetic vitamins and just plain boring!
What do you think?

(Peggy Way) #2

Makes me want to buy some land and grow my own animals. He does make a few good points but he’s living in a fantasy if he thinks government is going to be helpful. They can’t stop fighting long enough to look around and do their jobs. It’s discouraging. Plant meat…ugh!

(Carl Keller) #3

Agreed. However, omnivore and vegan demand for crops are also contributing to the problem. I think the cold hard truth is that there are too many people on this planet and as long as the demand for food keeps increasing, it’s not going to get any easier.