The Smokers Thread for Everything BBQ - You Know Who You Are!

(Raj Seth) #201

I have not had good results from deep frying pork belly. I get better results from Pan frying, or oven roasting at a high temp. As soon as I clean out the grill from winter storage, grilling is probably going to give good results too. Deep frying does not give that crisp a finish to the skin/fat side, and does something funky to the meat side. I dont like to deep fry home made bacon either - pan frying gives me better results
YMMV

(Jerrett Scott) #202

Ahhh, rats!!! You crushed my fasting dream…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Raj Seth) #203

:pray::pray: Humblest Apologies Mastah :pray::pray:

(Jerrett Scott) #204

Well maybe then if I fry it skin side down in a massive iron skillet I have? Perhaps that will work, and I can use less oil too!!!

(Jerrett Scott) #205

I bow to your expertise Rajseth…

(Mike W.) #206

It’s gonna be a good weekend

(Jerrett Scott) #207

Jealous over here

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #208

Keep in mind I just bought some of the meat. Someone else is doing all the work!

(Mandy) #209

Sukrin gold experiment! Bout to slap these spares in for a smoke bath.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #210

Rusty likes big butts and he can’t deny…

(TJ Borden) #211

:joy::joy::joy:

(Mandy) #212

I can report complete satisfaction with sukrin gold. I got great color from my rub. It tastes exactly like it usually does. I made a bbq sauce with it as well.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #213

Update! 5lbs of pulled pork and 10lbs of bologna.

(TJ Borden) #214

I’m feeling inspired now. I picked up a couple ribeyes today and I was about to get the sous vide going, but I’m thinking I might just throw them in the smoker instead.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #215

Is it possible…why YES…yes it is!

(TJ Borden) #216

Mesquite smoked Spencer (fatty ribeye). I went ahead and threw a couple eggs in there too because, why not?

(Sophie) #217

Yay! I’m glad the Sukrin Gold worked for you. I love that stuff!

(Sophie) #218

Oh, how I love fried bologna with mayo melting all over it!!! :heart_eyes:

(Dom DePlume) #219

Alabama White has become a staple in this house since I introduced my GF to it (well before keto). I now make mine with home-made bacon grease mayo. Whole different game…

(Central Florida Bob ) #220

We use home made mayo but not made with bacon grease. Usually a mix of avocado and olive oils. Then ACV, horseradish, garlic and onion.

My wife is the mayo/salad dressing wizard. I’m always puzzled how she can use the same ingredients and some days it just works and is almost instantly ready to use while other days it just fights and fights. I had never heard the words “broken mayonnaise” as a phrase before, but she usually makes it work.