The Potential Downside of Low-Carb Diets

(Troy) #1

YikesšŸ˜®
Here we go againā€¦

https://www.fooducate.com/community/post/The-Potential-Downside-of-Low-Carb-Diets/5F1EE6C0-FF3C-2611-4646-B9153D2142F1

"A possible explanation is the fact that animal protein is usually part of a bigger package of negative nutrients such as saturated fats and sodium, whereas plant based protein comes with fiber and many antioxidants.":flushed:

Citation used Above

And wait?
Oh boy
The much anticipated USDA guidelines

https://www.fooducate.com/community/post/USDA-Dietary-Guidelines-for-Americans-the-2020-2025-Edition/5F1534F8-8BAE-21CD-43B1-AD4C6344403F

"The Committeeā€™s review of the most recent body of evidence, found that reducing saturated fat intake by replacing it with unsaturated fats, particularly polyunsaturated fat, lowers the incidence of cardio-vascular disease in adults.:flushed:

Low-carb, keto, and Paleo dieters, donā€™t fret. You donā€™t need to go back to refined carbs. Try to consume healthier fats, such as those from fatty fish, nuts, and seeds."

(Bob M) #2

That first one (the study) is complete garbage. FFQs, ā€œadjustmentsā€, small relative risks, same old crap, different day.

The second one is a travesty of justice. They didnā€™t even freaking review the latest meta analyses of saturated fat, and didnā€™t provide ANY scientific method they used. They just let their biases determine things for them.

omg, this makes me want to cry

What.

I was in way too hot places today and I feel like a zombie so I am a tad uncertain but I never heard anything like this andā€¦ Even human breast milk has a significant amount of saturated fat and sodium, that negative nutrients they areā€¦

Oh well, my body is very very very clear what it is good for it so I donā€™t need to wonder about articles against saturated fat.

(Bob M) #5

What thatā€™s code for is a burger with bread, fries fried in seed oils and covered in salt, and a dose of mayo from seed oils, and a high sugar drink. The ā€œsaturated fatā€ and ā€œsaltā€ in that meal are obviously bad for you. :wink:

And if you just take a nanosecond (and I donā€™t mean ā€œyouā€; I mean anyone) to think about this, it become ludicrous. Say you eat a ribeye, the fattiest steak. Do you get more monounsaturated fat or saturated fat? We could use ground beef too: more monounsaturated fat or saturated fat? I mean, maybe monounsaturated fat is bad for us, since thatā€™s mainly what weā€™re getting when we eat meat (which is what I assume they mean by ā€œanimal proteinā€).

(Jack Bennett) #6

ERMAGERD TEH HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ARTERYCLOGGINGSATURATEDFAT :laughing::laughing:

Didnā€™t they get the memo from 2013-2015 that saturated fat doesnā€™t cause heart disease?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Which it is why it is so important to pay NestlĆ© for a soy-based low-sodium formula, rather than feeding your baby your own milk. (We really need a sarcasm emoji, donā€™t we?)