The more obscure and weird benefits of Keto

(Butter Withaspoon) #64

Nah it’s the keto! You’ve got smarter and that’s so cool. I play a challenging word game with a friend who also started keto a few months back. We both love the intense mental game and speed of it. I’m pretty sure I’d be duller of wit if I was back eating all the processed carbs again

(UsedToBeT2D) #65

Just got stung by a wasp in the hand while painting the garden shed. Damn, it hurt! 30 minutes later, I can’t even tell that I was stung. I am crediting Keto blood…impervious to wasp venom.

(Robin) #66

Exactly. Plus immortality.

(UsedToBeT2D) #67

Wasps, be warned.

Maybe this should be expected, but when you start keto it’s all new beginnings

So this for me is amazing. I should also preface this by saying I’m a bit of a hoarder.

Here goes, since starting keto in September, I’ve lost 75 lbs. That is almost 10 lbs. a month. I’m so happy!:grin: Still, I have 60 to go.

For me the unexpected is that I am fitting in clothes that I saved for over 10 years. Eight months to lose what I gained over 10 years. Why didn’t I hear of keto earlier?:astonished: For me it is so natural.

I’ve discovered a heavy weight L.L.Bean denim shirt that I can once again wear as a light weight jacket.

Now, what do I do with the clothes that are too big? My son says get rid of them, never go back. Okay, I need to make a trip to Goodwill.:laughing:

(Robin) #69

I have been in and out of sizes so often before keto. I usually donated them and then regretted when I gained again. This time, I waited a year before boxing up my small clothes, and almost another year to finally let them go. But I kept a few good items that would fit if I gain back 10-20.

I think they are like the pack of cigarettes an ex smoker keeps, like a security blanket. I truly doubt I will ever need them, but I still can’t ever say never. (Spoken like a true addict, I know.)

(Hugo) #70

Negligible benefit, but weird – I hardly yawn. Like I yawn maybe a few times a week, whereas before it would be every afternoon at work, any night where I was out late, and as I was getting ready in the mornings.

It’s to the point where I notice individual yawns, because they’re so novel. Also typing this out would have probably made me yawn in my non-keto past, now nothing.

(Robin) #71

Congrats. Your post did not make me yawn either! Win win

(Jane) #72

Your blood sugar is more stable w/o the carb crashes is my guess.

(Omar) #73

with keto

way much less ear wax
and less oily face

(UsedToBeT2D) #74

My dry eye is slowly resolving. I have been using lubricant eye drops in my left eye for the past 3 years. The ophthalmologist says that I have dry eye. Some days I feel it and use the eye drops, but I’ve noticed that I need them less frequently. Some days I completely do not notice the dry eye. I use the over the counter eye drops less and less. Maybe it’s all in my head, but I like it.
I understand its a complication of diabetes, and since Keto, I am doing much better with blood sugar. KCKO!!!

(Robin) #75

It’s amazing how many random things improve with keto, isn’t it?

(UsedToBeT2D) #76

Yes. Amazing how the body heals when fed with the right “medicine”. And maybe the absence of toxins.

A new most wonderful benefit of keto. All my life I’ve been an avid reader. Over the past few years, I’ve probably only read about three novels. I could not immerse myself. This past week, I’ve read three and started on my fourth. At night I read instead of veging on TV.

So much happy!