The Levers of Power (What to Measure, What to Control) to avoid stalling/stalls

(Erin ) #41

I have the Eat.Stop.Eat book. I’m sure it’s similar. I’ll probably go back to that style for a while. The 16:8 Isnt doing anything for me. Nothing seems to be. I started keto again in January and still haven’t budged. Time to tighten up.

(Bob M) #42

Have you considered that it’s not the pork, it’s the PUFAs in the fat? Try this: buy some really lean pork, like lean ham, Canadian bacon, pork loin (and cut off the fat). See what happens.

I’d bet dollars to donuts (a saying from my military days) it’s the fat not the protein.

Also, if it is the fat, I bet you can eat this when it comes on the market:

(Kirk Wolak) #43

Funny you have mentioned this. I just listened to a podcast where they guy says the pork in the US has way too much PUFA in the fats because of switching to heavy corn scraps 20 years ago.

It makes some sense… And it could be.

(Bob M) #44

Could be Brad (from Fire in a Bottle), who also posted about this:

The problem is that pigs and chickens are what they eat, whereas ruminants (like cows) convert PUFAs to saturated fats, though there are slightly more PUFAs for non-grass-fed cows. So, when I see chickens or pigs that are vegetarian-fed, I get concerned as to what they are really eating. It’s possible to eat vegetarian and still be low PUFA, but it’s hard for us to know, since no one says what the chickens are eating.

Saw a study of aboriginal tribes, and they did an analysis of their “wild” raised chickens, and the fat was incredibly high in saturated fat, as in 90%!!

(Kirk Wolak) #45

I have to be honest, I have a problem with too much pork being a negative for me.

I also have an issue with Chicken, I just don’t tolerate it too often, and cannot stand the lean breast.
(Unless Sous Vide, and cut into MAYO for a Chicken Salad)

I just found this post. It is better than most lengthy books on the subject, in practical terms! :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: