The KFC Effect

I started KETO 18 months ago. 3 months into my journey hubby joined me.
We both enjoy KETO, and I haven’t sabotaged once, but hubby succumbed to advertising last night. After countless KFC adverts of chicken and waffles, he went and got them. I did warn him…

3 hours later chronic stomach ache, vomiting, diarrhea, flue like symptoms, extremely loud belching coming deep from his belly. He finally fell asleep at 3am this morning.

Lesson learnt? Oh yes!

:slight_smile:

(Brian) #3

If you poke around the internet, you can find some recipes for chicken & waffles that is keto friendly. Chicken is pretty common in keto and there are numerous ways to make it, sometimes breaded, sometimes not. Waffles can be made with a keto pancake recipe. And if you want some kind of topping, that’s not impossible either. (I know, some people go sweet and some go savory. There are keto syrup recipes on line for the sweet and you can make some kind of a gravy to go over top if you like something more savory.)

We made some chicken n waffles a month or so ago and used a keto pancake recipe minus the sweetener, used some leftover rotissare chicken, and made a bit of keto gravy to go over the top. It was pretty good!

Things I want to try different… I want to find a different recipe for the waffles. Our pancakes are coconut flour and are really good with sweet toppings. We often use blueberries or strawberries to make a fruit syrup for them. But the coconut is kind of an odd taste for savory stuff. So we’ll try an almond flour recipe next time. For the chicken, I’ll just do some chicken thighs in the sous vide (probably just fry them a bit for a bit of sear and not bother with a real crunchy crust or coating) and use the liquid that comes off of them from the sous vide to make a little gravy to go over the top. There are lots of possibilities.

Anyway, if you do it, let us know how you did it! We’re always up for seeing a new recipe. :slight_smile:

(Jennibc) #4

If you are going to have Chicken and Waffles at least make sure they are GOOD chicken and waffles! I mean if you are going to suffer make it worth it!

(Running from stupidity) #5

For a while, anyway :slight_smile:

(Heather Meyer) #6

Are you sure it wasnt food poisoning??

He was ok after a few hours

(Eli) #8

It could be but this is a pretty common occurrence when cheating after doing it for a long time. Your body just has no idea what to do with this food it hasn’t had in over a year by the looks of it, so it reacts badly.