The Heart Attack Grill: Restaurant Promotes Harmfully Unhealthy Food | Nightline | ABC News

food

(Bob M) #21

I have been hypothesizing that sous vide-ing for a long time might actually be worse from a vitamin perspective. Closer to raw/rare (in terms of being briefly cooked) might be better.

But sous vide makes a lot of meat taste better.

There always is a trade off.

How long do you think we’ve been eating modern day grain fed meat/fish which lacks anti-carcinogenic compounds from green vegetation? The majority of people cooking junk meat at high temperature makes the meat carcinogenic. We didn’t evolve eating these poor quality junk animals.

I’ve had pastured raw fresh beef when I was in Italy and it made my spinal cord feel like a steel rod. Can’t say the same regarding what’s available in store.

(Todd Allen) #23

Seems possible. I expect minimizing the cooking time would minimize risks but I enjoy a 2 day chuck roast and think it is noticeably better than 1 day of cooking.

(Vic) #24

its been proven that its not “meat” its anything cooked high heat and charred weather meat or veggies no difrence

so dont char the food is all

(Bunny) #25

”…Natural seasoning can prevent charred - meat carcinogens. A new study has found that natural seasonings like cinnamon, pineapple and green tea can significantly reduce the formation of cancer causing substances in well cooked meats. …” …More

What people may not be aware of is just a little tiny bit of matcha green tea is an extremely powerful anti-carcinogen that neutralizes heterocyclic amines and other carcinogens in the gut.

I love it charred…mmmhmmm!