The FDA is completely corrupt

(carl) #1

Apparently Frosted Flakes, Spaghetti-Os and Pop Tarts are more healthy than avocados, almonds, and salmon.

(Jeremy Storie) #2

Unbelievable :flushed:

(Tim W) #3

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity”

An overworked, underfunded, understaffed GOVT org that easily influenced by outside parties with deep pockets, not too shocking. I would still attribute it to lack of understanding or funding or simply ignoring the psychological tools being used against them over malicious and purposeful evil.

Caveats:

1. I assume they are overworked, underfunded, and understaffed as most FED government departments are (and they still waste a lot of taxpayer money but that’s for another debate).

2. We are all capable of turning a blind eye to the psychological influences being used against us, ever bought a car from a dealer and really “fell for” the salesman’s pitch because you really wanted the vehicle or where in a tight spot, even though you might have seen through the shtick, if you wanted XXXX or YYYY bad enough, you ignored it or just went with it, I’ve been guilty in my lifetime.

(Jennifer) #4

(Crow T. Robot) #5

Heinlein’s Razor – I love that one. Widely misattributed (I believe) on the Internet to somebody named Hanlon, but author Robert A. Heinlein definitely said it first (though he’s certainly not the first person in history to say it).

(Tim W) #6

Perfect for this situation, came across that one myself in Poor Charlie’s Almanac, folks can’t see past a paycheck sometimes.

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

Can’t give this meme enough hearts.