The Entire Ketogenic Diet in One Sentence

simpleketo

Hey, I still agree with myself 5 1/2 years later! The OP is one of the best posts on this site, plus if you are new read through “Paul’s” replies, very good stuff.

Replace the carbohydrates you eat with fat.

Okay, worked in the past, it will work again.

Thanks Larry. I needed this.

(Robin) #288

@micksawbridge Hi and welcome. I just read your profile. Quite a story. You have been through a lot with your health and life in general. I’m a year older.
I have not had all the health issues you had, except I was also an alcoholic. I am lucky that although I carried so much extra weight for so many years and yo-yo dieted… I did not totally wreck my metabolism.

We are never too old to benefit from this.

Yes, there are conflicting experiences so our opinions may vary accordingly. But most agree that lowering carbs if the key and real food when possible.
Beside reaching a healthy weight, most of us claim a myriad of non-scale victories. Life is better when we feel better.
I look forward to hearing more from you and hope you find the support or information you are seeking.

Hi Robin. Thanks for saying hello, it means a lot. There is a lot of good information on this Forum. People talking from experience after going through it themselves. Not repeating everything parrot fashion. Thanks again Robin. Much appreciated.

(Kelly ) #290

Thank you! This is a great post! I’ve been doing this for a month and I enjoy it BUT I’ve been tempted to complicate it. I’ve also been tempted to focus on the scale, which I have learned is a no no on Keto! Now I’m writing down and observing ALL the benefits of Ketogentic living and not focusing on the scale while being encouraged by the positive posts in this forum.

Ya’ll are great! -Kelly from Texas

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #291

Welcome to the forums! Yeah, keep it simple, and keto on!