The dark theme for the forums is broken

(Richard Morris) #41

Dark theme appears to be fixed!

We used the discourse anointed method to make the dark theme, which they broke with an update in December.

The “I miss Facebook” theme is still broken - working on it.

(Richard Morris) #42

Facebook theme working.

They may both break when we move the forum to it’s new host in the next few days. And I’ll be back to fix it then.

Sorry for the problem.

(Running from stupidity) #43

Yup! PC and on phone!

The “I miss Facebook” theme is still broken - working on it.

That’s OK, I don’t use that one.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for that, SO MUCH BETTER.

For the record:

1. I was asleep.
  2. This forum costs a fair old whack to keep going every month and you get to use it for free.

(Running from stupidity) #45

For the record:

1. This thread was started way back in December.

2. If there was an intelligent way to contribute besides Patreon, I’d do so. That was also hashed out a while ago. I also think, FWIW, that I contribute a fair bit in terms of helping the community in non-monetary terms, although I realise that nobody really gives a rats about that.

3. Isn’t the idea of having an apparent heap of admins to provide coverage when one of the few admins who comes here is asleep?

(Allie) #46

I have now crossed over to the dark side.

(Running from stupidity) #47

It’s so much easier on the eyes :slight_smile:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #48

Me too. I swiched earlier today before the fix. It took a bit to get used to, but I like it.

and if someone had tagged me, I would have done something about it. I don’t use the dark theme so had no idea that there was an issue. Barring some reason why I can’t, I check in every day to see if there are any admin things that need sorting out - there usually are.

If you are offering to contribute financially then send Carl a cheque, cash or PayPal transfer - easy :slight_smile:

I get a little bit tired of a small minority’s expectation that there should be an ever-present admin presence to jump when you say jump. It doesn’t work like that and was never the intention. The whole point of this forum is that it is community managed. If you have an issue you flag or message an admin. We spent a lot of time generating content when the forum started and then moved to back seats (because funnily enough we all have busy lives), there to respond if needed.

It is true that the original admin team needs refreshing and is something we have been looking at doing - bringing in some new blood as it were. Anyone who would like to volunteer please do so. You can send me a message and I will put your name forward to the team. We would welcome new admins :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Stop throwing your toys out and putting thoughts in people’s heads that are simply not there.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #50

I appreciate this. I also appreciate that the admins are volunteers and have plenty of other work to do.

I do think this is a valid point. It’s true no one was @'d until now, but it was posted in the Site Feedback category. I would, and did, assume that no admin would need to be tagged to check activity in this category. If it was in Keto Chat, that would be a different story.

Our Juice can through a right propper temper tantrum. He also genuinely wants to be helpful. And he is.

(Randy) #51

It looks great. Thank you. The extra logo at top never bothered me. But I never use mobile.

He is indeed and I am not saying his contribution is not appreciated. In fact that was the opposite of what I said!

We don’t get notified of comments on any particular thread unless we individually set it up that way. If you want the attention of an admin, the best way is never to assume they will read something but to make sure by tagging or messaging them directly :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #53

LMFAO.
That is all.

Thank you, @richard. I really appreciate you stopping by and fixing this, it’s far easier to use now! I didn’t have enough glucose in my body to break down the bright white of the default theme.