The dark theme for the forums is broken

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #21

The dark theme is becoming a dank meme.

Hey, I’m a poet, and didn’t know it! (My feet show it; they’re long fellows!)

(less is more, more or less) #22

Make that a haiku and I’ll deduct 20 total carbs from what you ate today.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

The dark theme has now
become the dankest of memes.
Discourse is like that.

(Running from stupidity) #24

And if they see this thread, they’ll now decide we’re OK with it…

I AM NOT OKAY WITH IT!! The weird extra purply bits and doubling-up are messing with my OCD big-time. Gah!

(Running from stupidity) #26

It’s been stuffed so long I’ve pretty much got used to it, TBH.

I went back to the light theme for a bit, but it’s too hard on the eyes, whereas this is just hard on my autism tendencies :slight_smile:

I’m used to it in the sort of “well I like coming here every day and I’ll keep doing the scroll down-scroll up thing I have to do to get my notifications to show up” way… but it’s still utterly broken and I hope it can be fixed soon. :frowning: The other themes really don’t work, I have pretty much everything I use on every device set up to have a dark theme.

Please fix the dark theme! :pleading_face:

(Allie) #28

Now I’m feeling left out as I’ve only ever used the standard version.

(Running from stupidity) #29

Get onboard the broken-theme train, sister! Why wouldn’t you?

(Allie) #30

It doesn’t seem like it would be a very beneficial act… :joy:

(Doug) #31

When I click on ‘Latest Posts,’ the threads with unread posts appear in darker/bolder text. This has always been the case, but sometime last year the text size decreased and so did the difference in darkness between the read and unread thread titles. This past week, things reverted to how they used to be. :+1::slightly_smiling_face::clap::sunglasses::raised_hands::heart_eyes:

(less is more, more or less) #32

Oh, if “they” see this thread, I’m more worried about the authorities, and less the the Discourse Q&A response.

"EAT-Lancet” has PROOF that a low-carb diet makes you insane. Just look at them!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #33

Just one question. WHY???

(less is more, more or less) #34

Actually, it’s a flag operation. The EAT-Lancet cabal has been using Big Data, Machine Learning and AI to capture and profile the users of the Dark Theme. Black helicopters circle my house as I type this.

Very astute of you to avoid this trap.

"Indian Jones and the Users of the Dark Theme”

ought to be a blockbuster.

I fear I’m having waaaaaay too much fun with this.

(Running from stupidity) #35

OK, so I’ve tried twice today to use the light theme, and nope, I just can’t do it.

Paging all admins: (OK, a max of 10 apparently, so I’ll page in batches)

@Barn @Brenda @carl @Clare @Daisy @devhammer @Donna @dudes @dustin.ewers @erdoke

Sorry for the broad distribution but I’m trying to bring attention to this broken issue on the forums. The dark theme hasn’t been working properly since around mid-December and there’s been no sign of a fix. On desktop the consequences are it’s a bit ugly, but on mobile it’s really bad (it makes the forums incredibly difficult to use).

Is there a way we can get it fixed? Thank you!

@Ernest @george.dowker @JonS @Julie @Kassie @kim @larry @LouiseReynolds @Lynn @matt

@ram @richard @siobhan @tdseest @Terri @Theresa @tollteacher @WrenchWench

(Running from stupidity) #39

Gee, if only there was an @admin pingable…

(Richard Morris) #40

I’m on it … sorry it took so long. I use eggplant so I didn’t notice. But “I miss facebook” and “Dark and full of terrors” are both broken