That's it - No More

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #1

I had years of gut pain, I put it down to being overweight and bloating, gas etc. Maybe that was partly the case. Keto fixed it anyway or so I thought.
I’d never considered inflammation.
Yesterday I had more Whisky than I should judging by the hangover. Last night I had pain and still have it now.
Can only put it down to Alcohol … so no more.

(Robin) #2

That’s always the right answer

I wise friend once told me, you’ll never be totally free from a hangover until you have at least 7 sh*tes.

He may have been wise, but there is absolutely no science behind that…even though it may be a true phenomenon.

Eating good food, rehydrating, sh*ting all helps.
Trust me, I have form in this field :smiley:

(Alec) #4

Peter
I can recommend a sober lifestyle. I used to drink a lot until 9 years ago, when I stopped cold turkey, and I have never had an alcoholic drink since. I feel a million times better without the alcohol.
Cheers
Alec

(David Cooke) #5

Main effect for me was to be seen in my wallet.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #6

Yeah, money takes a hit.
I didn’t drink often but when I did I’d overdo it. Always suffered the next day. Pleased to stop

(Geezy) #7

I love a good dark ale or stout and or a nice Irish whiskey but after my heart put me in ICU for the fourth time in four years I said enough is enough.
Between what my cardiologist advised and my own research, I came to the understanding that the biggest contributing factors to my condition were stress, diet and alcohol.
I haven’t had a drink in two months. Not to say I won’t have a drink sometime in the future but if I do it’ll have to be a very special occasion.
I have completely changed me eating lifestyle by going ZC. Big improvement in my health.
Stress? Can do much about that without a divorce and that just not an option. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #8

Coe yeah, I used to make those in my little brewery.
Gotta wedding in 2 weeks so I’ll take little sip as a toast and no more.

There you go. we got a wedding and a divorce mentioned in the same thread :slight_smile:

I like you you mad git!

(Karen) #10

Me too. I stopped in exactly the same way 23 years ago this past month (June 11th)
It was a big problem for me but I have never looked back. Waking up and thinking “Oh is this how I am meant to feel in the mornings?” Said it all.

(Robin) #11

I would wake up in the morning and not be able to remember the night before. Took me too long to realize that’s called a blackout. I never figured out how I tore my rotator cuff one night.
It’s been 10 years for me now.

(Karen) #12

I have some very embarrassing comotose realisations that i am not proud of … probably not quite suitable for this forum !:blush:

(Joeb Lowe) #13

Many of us have said that a time or two. :blush:

Onwards and upwards, only look back when you want or have to…but we live today and for tomorrow.

(Rossi Luo) #15

I have cleared my house out of any alcohol, I just poured all the alcohol into bowel, nothing is more precious than the health, so please don’t hesitate to pour all your collections of alcohol to the bowel.
If one day in the future you can’t stop yourself buying another bottle, I suggest you pour it again to the bowel, and again and again, and I believe you can stop yourself one day because you will feel so bad on wasting so much money, that’s what I have been doing all the time to stop myself smoking and drinking, and I found it worked :sweat_smile:
But if you are a billionaire, this way won’t work for you I guess, :rofl:

I hope the bowel is a toilet bowl and not your actual bowel, friend, because one’s colon can fairly rapidly uptake alcohol, especially if poured into directly. It wouldn’t be safe :wink:

(Rossi Luo) #17

Yes, sure, it’s a toilet bowel :laughing: