That Sugar Film: another hilarious, informative documentary

(Stickin' with mammoth) #21

(high-fives Fiorella)

Sistahs.

(Peter Bursky) #22

Thanx for the link and suggestion! I think both movies provide a good insight, and are a great eye opener for anyone that doesnā€™t want to see the truthā€¦

(Michelle) #23

Oooh, canā€™t wait to watch these. Know what Iā€™m doing tonight!!

I remember asking my doctor one time for some weight-loss drugs to get me going and she gritted her teeth and said ā€œeat less and exercise moreā€. effing beotch.

(Adam Kirby) #24

What I find amazing with That Sugar Film is how quickly his health deteriorates.

(Arlene) #25

These docs combine ignorance with the standard ā€œcover their assā€ phrase.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #26

The worst is when you walk out to your car after the appointment and see that sanctimonious doctor smoking with other white coats behind the building. I rolled my eyes so hard I saw my own brain.

(Michelle) #27

She was probably smoking a light cigarette so it was better for her health. HA HA HA. I crack myself up.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #28

Virginia Slims: Theyā€™re fat-free!

(Candy Lind) #29

We can only hope! I just bought it and I intend to have several friends and relatives watch it.

(Candy Lind) #30

Several shocking moments in there - I found it hard to believe that 17-year-old kid would go right back to the shit that caused him to be sitting there in such agony. And his IDIOT MOTHER says she hates to see him in pain, yet she is doing it to ANOTHER child??? I guess you have to write it off to natural selection in action. :confounded::exploding_head: Iā€™m not the brightest match in the box, but at least Iā€™m learning.

(Bunny) #31

I tried to eat sum\some refined sugar last night (lemon meringue pie) omg their was a lot (53 grams of sugar 1/8 slice) of sugar in it!

I donā€™t eat refined sugar but something strange that I noticed before and after I cut out the refined sugars (precisely a year ago) in that the sugar was very very bitter or very acidic (not the alkaline of the lemon) to my tongue could not even tolerate one bite so I decided to look this up while I was writing this post and this what I found (I disagree on the authors point about meat in terms of omega ratios but it is very insightful on sugar by any stretch):

The Worldā€™s Diet ā€“ Dangerously High In Refined Sugar

Only 100 years ago, the average annual intake of refined sugar was approximately 5 pounds per person per year. Today, the average annual intake of refined sugar is around 172 pounds per person per year.

If a person lives to the age of 80, they will have during their lifetime placed into their body some 13,760 pounds of refined sugar.

My friends that means that the average person on the ā€œworldā€™s dietā€ consumes nearly 7 tons of refined sugar in their lifetime

That amount, 13,760 pounds, equals 2,752 five-pound bags of refined sugar.

Can you visualize what 2,752 five pound bags of refined sugar looks like when in the grocery store there are usually no more than ten 5-pound bags on the shelf?

Refined Sugar Is Fragmented

Through heating and mechanical and chemical processing, all vitamins, proteins, fats, enzymes and fiber ā€“ indeed, every single nutrient is removed until nothing but pure white sugar, pure ā€˜naked calories,ā€™ pure refined carbohydrate remains.

Sixty-four food elements are destroyed in the processing. Fragmented foods like these set up nutritional imbalances that precipitate health problems galore.

Refined Sugar Is Highly Acidic

Like animal source foods and refined grains, refined sugar is also extremely ā€˜acid forming.ā€™

In fact, refined sugar is possibly the most acidic substance one can consume. Soft drinks, which usually contain at least 10 teaspoons of refined sugar, have a pH between 2.8 and 3.5, making it the greatest source of acid we can place into our bodies.

In an effort to neutralize all of this acid, the body takes vital alkaline minerals, calcium being the most plentiful, from the bodyā€™s bone structure in an effort to neutralize the acidity. The acidity found in all animal source foods and refined grains cause the body to lose calcium as well.*

Note: I would add radial arterial calcification to the end of that sentenceā€¦

This highly refined acidic sugar intake, along with the consumption of acidic animal and acidic grain source foods, causes the body to remove so much calcium from the bones and teeth that the bones become osteoporotic (porous) and teeth decay. ā€¦More

Anyone know where this can be found now.? It was apparently pulled on youtube.
Iā€™ve never seen it.

(Candy Lind) #33

PM me, and when I get home Iā€™ll send my info so you can stream my copy on Amazon Prime. LMK when you can watch so Iā€™ll know to stay off.

I didnā€™t realize it was on there. Thanks but I can get it.
Guess I shouldā€™ve looked before asking.

Iā€™m getting a backlog of documentaries to watch and am reading 3 different keto/healthy eating books at the moment. :smile:

(Diane) #35

@barefootbob

Since Iā€™m always looking for more information, which books are you reading and which documentaries are you watching?

Thanks for sharing!

At the moment I am going back and forth between:
The Big Fat Surprise - Nina Teicholz

Keto. - Maria Emmerich

Eat Rich Live Long - Ivor Cummins & Dr Gerber

The last doc I watched was Fathead which was really good. I have a backlog because every time I start to watch something I realize thereā€™s something else Iā€™d rather do. Iā€™m not a TV person.

Also, I recently read Dr Cate Shanahanā€™s Deep Nutrition and it is very good. Last I checked the Kindle version was $2.99.

(Diane) #38

Iā€™m reading The Big Fat Surprise myself right now. Trying not to get sucked into hating Ancel Keys (or considering how many lives might be saved/improved if I could invent a time machine and shoot him before he could hijack our healthcare guidelines for 50 years. Sighā€¦). Saw Super Size Me at Sundance one year (Iā€™m local), and absolutely loved how Fathead deconstructed that movie for me.

Thanks for the other suggestions. Iā€™ll be adding these to my own list!

(Mike Glasbrener) #39

I gave up on that a long time agoā€¦ He was so certain he was right he wrecked other peoples careers. His practices with protecting his interests ranks right up there with Lance Armstrongs doping denials.

(Candy Lind) #40

It was cheap and I think it makes a pretty good statement. Well worth 5 bucks.