Thanks for the help

<3 truly thank you everyone for all the help you have all given me over the years. I have enjoyed reading everyone’s posts and trying my damnedest to lose weight and be more active.

At the end of it all I have sadly nothing to show for in terms of actual weight loss. While on Keto I was spending sometimes 50% more on food, I did see a marked improvement in my skins complexion and had more energy while in ketosis, but the weight loss I saw was extremely minor and temporary. MY weight consistently has Yo-yo’d over the last 2-3 years.

I have decided to quit keto, it’s not cost effective for me considering the lack of progress, I wont be returning to junk food (not cost effective either) but I have decided to give up on the meaningless battle of trying to keep the weight off. All it has done is made me hate myself, spend tons of money on things that don’t work for me, and give me false hope when I see a pound or two come off for a few weeks only to return with my next period.

I am not here to be analysed or convinced otherwise, I have already had plenty of posts trying to help me. I just wanted to make it known, this doesn’t work for everyone. And I would rather live my life fat and ok with myself and ok with eating foods I enjoy. Rather than pushing myself into a narrow way of eating that costs more and really doesn’t seem to benefit me.

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

Good luck in future weigh loss attempts. Some people have better luck with paleo or whole30. Maybe check those out.

thanks :slight_smile: I have just decided to get my life together. I’m working on getting better sleep, keeping up with getting my 12k steps a day, eating nutritionally dense foods, and keeping my stress down.

With the covid stuff i just can’t afford keto anymore and i think trying to force it was causing me more stress. So far the weights not really changed, but it’s stopped going up. so i’ll take that for now.

Were you tracking your intake / calories, or doing the eat to satiety thing? Fasting at all? I did a lot of that and it destroyed me.

(Bob M) #5

You didn’t enjoy eating keto foods?

What were you missing?

all the non keto foods /shrug

Apples, carrots, potatos, beans, peas, etc.

But it wasn’t just missing out on things, it’s the cost as well and various other factors.

I’m not interested in going back to Keto at this point. I am happy it is working for you guys though <3

Yes for a while I was, and a combination of under eating, stress, lack of sleep, and then fasting just kind of compounded with the keto lifestyle being too expensive. I wasn’t losing weight because when I wasn’t fasting I would end up binging or just ending up eating too many calories through the course of the day (even with a food scale) because nutrition labels are not 100% accurate and just trying my hardest to get the things I need with such a restrictive diet (I also just really dislike some foods, like eggs)

This seems to be working out for me so far. I don’t have issues with my thyroid, I am not celiac, I am not having inflammation issues from dairy etc. So I am just eating healthy foods, “whole” foods, tracking my calories diligently, but first and foremost eating nutrient dense foods, getting good sleep, and reducing my stress.

And the weight is SLOWLY coming off. by about 1/2 -1pound a week it looks like. So far I am down about 2 pounds, two pounds I had been struggling and yo-yoing with for months before.

again not demonizing Keto, I know it works for lots of people, but if this works for me. I would rather do this, it is way less expensive and way less annoying to plan around and constantly be staring at labels looking for secret carbs while disappointing family saying I cant eat the thing that they made.

anyways, again thanks for the advice over the years. I enjoyed my time here, but I will be moving on now. :smiley: good luck everyone!