Thank you for your knowledge

(Choup') #1

Hello,

I just registered to the forum to thank three people who deeply helped me in my low-carb journey. I have been lurking for over a year (didn’t think I had anything to say but wanted to learn more) ; I have been following a low-carb lifestyle for a year and a half now (not always keto though), and these forums did give me some great information.
I was talking to a loved one recently who is very active on a forum (nothing to do with low-carb whatsoever :P) and he mentioned how glad he was when someone thanked him on various topics, because it helped him to know he was in fact being helpful, which is not always simple to judge if no one ever says anything.
So that made me decide to actually register in order to thank three forum members whose posts have been very useful to me this past year: @SlowBurnMary, @atomicspacebunny and @RightNOW. You rock. Your willingness to share information, to provide resources, to experiment, to encourage others, to get to the bottom of things and to spread your knowledge have been incredibly beneficial to me.
I know I’m no one to you and I have no idea if saying that is, in fact, as helpful as my loved one said, but I just want you to know that sometimes you’re helping strangers, who are not forum members, who might not feel like they have things to share on their own, but who read all that you write, follow the links, take the info and test it out.
You are awesome. :slight_smile:
(Not to say no one else ever said interesting stuff! :P)
On that note, I wish everyone a brilliant year 2020 !

P.S.: I apologize for any mistake, I am not a native English speaker. Also, as a new user I can’t tag all three of you. :confused:
I initially wanted to just send a private message to each of you but I figured I couldn’t because this is a new account, so I hope this topic won’t be out of bound.

(Polly) #2

Nicely said. Always good to thank those whose generous advice has helped us.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3

What a nice post. I added an @ to RightNOW so she’d get a notification. Welcome!

(Marianne) #4

Wow; I commend you. I could never keep my opinions to myself for that long!!!

:rofl:

Glad you’re posting.

(Choup') #5

Well, to be fair, every time I’ve thought “oh I know how I could answer that question”, someone else would come in with a perfectly written reply, so why add something if I can’t make it better? :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, I’m kind of an obsessional researcher more than a conversationalist. :slight_smile:

(Marianne) #6

I get it. I think I post because I like connecting with folks. I, too, enjoy researching and did a lot just prior to starting keto. dietdoctor.com is a great source of information.

Thank YOU for your blessing @Choupette, it was a happy surprise to read - and it has given a nourishment that is now extending my holiday spirit! :menorah: :christmas_tree: :santa: :bell: :confetti_ball:

I know what you mean about being helped by strangers via online search results that show you forum posts on specific subjects, even while not being an official forum member. For me, it started with finding this very forum as a non-member! I’ve also been helped at times by old posts from forums that are no longer operational but show up when I’m researching. Such as the Atkins forum, Bulletproof Forum, etc. And also the posts and long commentary threads under certain topics over at Dr. Michael Eades blog (not very active these days, but so much helpful info that continues on) the Mark’s Daily Apple blog, Amy Berger’s blog, etc.

Whenever I publish online writing - I’m keen to the fact that I’m writing not just for forum “friends” - but also for the unseen readers, the lurkers - and even those who may find posts many months or years later!

And, as a beloved mentor of mine used to say when given personal compliments about her words/work: it takes ________ to know ________! So, it takes awesome to know awesome Choupette!

Your post is a generous example of creating a healthy human culture through the physiology of gratitude. It takes a certain amount of effort, or mindfulness - whether through an all-forum post as you did, or through just private messages - or even, possibly, sending people good wishes across the miles :blush: But it’s very good for our health!!! In fact, UC Berkeley’s been doing some great research & white papers on the subject. They found that gratitude is beneficial for both well-functioning people and people who struggle with mental health - and that it helps to just feel it even if we don’t share it or express it! (Combine that with a nutrient-dense LCHF/keto way of eating, and it’s really WOW :grin: )

(PJ) #8

Wow, what a lovely mention. I’m so glad that my personal hamster wheel, as I jokingly call it, has been useful onlooking to someone else! I’m glad that things have worked well for you!

PJ

(Choup') #9

Thanks for the link, this was a great read before leaving the house this morning. :slight_smile:
I do think practicing gratitude, or generally staying positive and trying to look on the bright side of things, is an important “survival” tool, as in, it helps make the world feel better, even when you’re down. It can be difficult at times, but it’s usually worth it in the end. I have been trying to do it more and more lately, after some very rough ahem years ahem but I do believe our attitude shapes not only our way of perceiving the world, but also the way the world perceives us.
That was a nice article, thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Oh and PJ, yes, that was definitely useful, you have many interesting things to share and I’m sure there are many people who benefit from them. :slight_smile:

100% agree, and definitely can relate. :pray:t4: