Texas breakfast (chaffle content)

Smoked a brisket and smoked the excess fat. Chopped up some leftovers and served over everything bagel chaffles with poached eggs

What is a chaffle?

At first I thought this was a humorous response to my post but I realize not everyone is on the chaffle bandwagon. Chaffles are a waffle like bread alternative usually with eggs and grated cheese cooked in a waffle iron. There are MANY variations, some without cheese (CHeese wAFFLES = chaffles) and in my incarnation they serve as alternative to a bagel or english muffin. Check out the 8 million posts in this link.

Welcome to the forums…

I am BUYING A WAFFLE MAKER AS SOON AS I CAN!!!
Anybody know what to do with a no longer useful toaster?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

Reheat Chaffles!

(Susan) #6

They are nice toasted with butter on them =).

(Piglets = Bacon Seedlings) #7

Yum! Fracmeister… you had me at TEXAS Chaffles!!!

Been fixing my chaffles, then topping them with lots of semi-cooked bacon and more cheese and throwing them in the broiler for a bit. Next up… brisket and poached eggs!

Sous vide the eggs at 75C for 13 minutes. Perfect every time.

LOL. What a chaffle mess. I got my waffle iron today and of course the first mistake I made was to put too much of the egg mixture on the surface and my whole countertop was swamped in oil.Then, I was very disappointed because the egg and cheese mixture was very salty and flat, even though I let it get crisp. So I guess I have to try some using any kind of keto flour to get it to rise a bit? All I can say is that it had no resemblance to bread, ad was more like a cheese crisp. Maybe I used too much cheese for one large egg? I think I have to buy a chaffle cookbook.

(Raj Seth) #10

Just put equal amount cheese and egg (by weight). Put cheese down first then egg then rest of cheese.
Heavenly

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #11

I make a chaffle batter, rather than keeping the egg and cheese separate.

For two chaffles (in a standard size waffle iron) I blend together to make a batter:

One large egg
2 tablespoons grated mozzarella
1 tsp butter (tastes great, and means I don’t have to grease the waffle iron!)
Quarter tsp baking powder

I use them for sandwiches, or for cheese on toast. They taste neither eggy, nor cheesy - kind of ‘neutral’. Perfect for a ham and cheese sandwich (or indeed any sandwich filling of your choice!) to take to work, or to use as a substrate for grilled cheese.

@ketosnaps
Maybe the baking powder was what was missing? Thanks, also for the tip about the butter!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #13

It makes them nice and fluffy! And butter improves EVERYTHING, right?! :rofl:

@ketosnaps
Oh man-I avoided butter for something close to 40 years! Now I am putting it on everything.

My fav recipe. 1 egg. 1 cup grated mozzarella. 2 tsp everything bagel seasoning. 1 tsp almond flour. ½ tsp baking soda.

Makes about three Miki chaffles

Make sure and cook till steam is almost all gone, not just till light goes off