Tell them you follow a Planned Base Diet

(Stickin' with mammoth) #1

Today, I plan on steak and eggs.

(Joey) #2

Am left wondering what an Outside Salad might be.
(Perhaps just called Agriculture.)

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

Every diner in New York City, and plenty of other restaurants, too, used to have ā€œroast lion of porkā€ on the menu. I donā€™t like the taste of lion, so I never ordered it. :rofl:

I wonder if supply-chain problems have caused them to remove lion from the menu. :grin:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #4

What about a rhinoceros? Imposserus!

How about a hippopotamus? Why, Iā€™d trash him from top to bottomus!

Supposing you met an elephant? Iā€™d wrap 'im up in cellophant!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #5

Maybe itā€™s whatā€™s on the burger, maybe the recipe is very hush-hush, maybe somebody doesnā€™t know how to type ā€œIn House.ā€ I like your idea better. How fun would it be if ā€œSaladā€ sections were relabeled ā€œAgricultureā€?

(Joey) #6

Or perhaps theyā€™d first typed ā€œOut Houseā€ salad, then had second thoughts.

(Bob M) #7

You can add haggis or hummus to a burger?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #8

When Caesar Salad becomes more brutal than a knife to the back.

This is 'Murica, you can add an opossum to a burger here.

(Alec) #9

I thought thatā€™s why they call it the lion diet. :joy::joy:

we are talkinā€™ LOIN here, cause you best not be eating my lions, my predator cousins out there :slight_smile: hey they eat ya back, well so do the hogs if given the chance I guessā€¦amazing we did become the top of the food chain HA

----remove lion from the menu----yea they should!!! LOL

You can mess with their salads and more :clown_face:

(Bob M) #11

In my part of America, Iā€™ve never seen the options to add hummus or haggis (have never even seen haggis offered ā€“ anywhere --outside of an Irish place, and donā€™t remember seeing it there, but I could be wrong). Not sure Iā€™ve ever seen goat cheese offered, either, but I canā€™t count that out; itā€™s at least cheese.

I can find one location in my state that has haggis, and itā€™s on the other side of the state. There could be other places that donā€™t show up in a search, but finding a place that has haggis is tough.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

You mean not every restaurant serves offal steamed in sheepā€™s stomach? :rofl:

Haggis is the national dish of Scotland, and there just arenā€™t many Scottish restaurants around, for some reason. Though chicken tikka masala and deep-fried pizza are also Scottish innovations, and they can be found in many eateries.

yea I typed in ā€˜haggis restaurants in North Carolinaā€™ where I live and only 2 popped up. Scottish Gourmet near Raligh and one at the beach, Haags and Sons Seafood which must be scottish seafood with haggis?

heck in my state this ainā€™t going down but ask for rocky mt oysters or pigs feet and brains and more they got ya covered :joy::scream:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #14

Weā€™re not allowed to import haggis for ā€œsafetyā€ reasons. But we eat how many tons of hotdogs per year?

Just goes to show you, people will eat darn near anything but nobody wants to know how the sausage is made, pun intended.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #15

Jon Pinette explains haggis:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #16

For a nativeā€™s take on hagggis, here is Danny Bhoy:

The discussion of haggis starts at 3m10s, but the whole video is well worth watching.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #17

Holy crap, forgot about Danny Bhoy, heā€™s a legend of travel comedy.